Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally installed some new projector LED headlights (am running Morimoto HID kit). I know I have frowned on such headlights in the past, but I wanted to try a fresh look. I like them so far as they appear to compliment my OEM LED fog-lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
They are not true projectors and will scatter the light. Why spend the money on Morimoto HIDs but cheap out on the most important part?

Ignore my right projector cutoff line... I’m going to do another set in the Spring. This picture was taken on 12/31/21 and I’ve been using the Morimoto kit with 6k HIDs for the past three years or so. You will not regret it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are not true projectors and will scatter the light. Why spend the money on Morimoto HIDs but cheap out on the most important part?

Ignore my right projector cutoff line... I’m going to do another set in the Spring. This picture was taken on 12/31/21 and I’ve been using the Morimoto kit with 6k HIDs for the past three years or so. You will not regret it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did retrofit my headlights with morimoto D2S kit years ago. I certainly did not 'cheap out'. I spent a lot of time and money on them (see pics attached). Ultimately, I was not happy with my cutoff line and could not shake some moisture issues over the years despite installing breather valves from retrofit source. So after recent supercharger install, I opted with the halo projector ones (original post) and HID morimoto bulbs, ballasts, ignitors. Am quite happy with the new headlights. Still have my old retrofitted projector headlights sitting in my garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally installed some new projector LED headlights (am running Morimoto HID kit). I know I have frowned on such headlights in the past, but I wanted to try a fresh look. I like them so far as they appear to compliment my OEM LED fog-lights.
Here are some updated pics of light out put and color temp. I have been quite pleased with the upgrade and lack of moisture issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had to pick up a book shelf my wife bought in an estate sale. It was a nice excuse to take the Element out of garage yesterday.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts