Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that my new 2009 Element is almost the way I want it, I am now thinking about getting a GPS.

Costco has the Garmin Nuvi 285W advertised for $199.99 in their latest flyer.

Does anyone have any advise regarding this model?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Is the Bluetooth option and the MSN-enhanced (receiver included; 3 months free) important to you? If so then it looks like a winner. I have the 255W which is very similar except for no Bluetooth and the MSN receiver is an optional add-on (and it's cheaper at Amazon).

I am very satisfied with my 255W.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gps

Is the Bluetooth option and the MSN-enhanced (receiver included; 3 months free) important to you? If so then it looks like a winner. I have the 255W which is very similar except for no Bluetooth and the MSN receiver is an optional add-on (and it's cheaper at Amazon).

Gary, very good points you bring to the table, I do not need a bluetooth or the MSN enhanced receiver. I guess I always base my research on the latest models, when, as you have mentioned, may not be of any benefit to me at all.

Thanks for the taking the time to help me, I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
3,067 Posts

I agree 100%.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Personally I say stick with the "T" models (i.e. 265T or 265WT). These come with free (advertisement supported) traffic.

I have one (265T), I love it. The free traffic is awesome, the ads stay out of the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts