Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I just purchased a new 09 EX 4wd. I really like it so far. I have an odd issue. The gas cap cover is sunk in. In other words the little hole where you put your finger to pull it out is sunk in so you can't access it. At first I thought an adjustment to the cover would handle it, but the dealer ordered a new one. I've been looking around at other elements and my conclusion is the plastic body panel is buckled or not fastened down all the way. When I push it it the cover is perfectly flush. Anyone else seen this? If so what was your fix?
Thanks for your time to read and response - Russ

·
Registered
33 Posts
Greetings,
I just purchased a new 09 EX 4wd. I really like it so far. I have an odd issue. The gas cap cover is sunk in. In other words the little hole where you put your finger to pull it out is sunk in so you can't access it. At first I thought an adjustment to the cover would handle it, but the dealer ordered a new one. I've been looking around at other elements and my conclusion is the plastic body panel is buckled or not fastened down all the way. When I push it it the cover is perfectly flush. Anyone else seen this? If so what was your fix?
Thanks for your time to read and response - Russ
I believe this is "normal". I think what happened is that Honda did a minor refresh of the sheetmetal for the 2009 model year, which included changing the rear quarter panels a bit. From what I can tell, they didn't update the fuel door, so the fit is not very good. I just replaced a 2007 Element with a 2009, and I have the same "sunken" fit, as did the 7-8 2009 Elements that I looked at in the dealer's lot. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Check where the fuel door touches the body, there should be two little rubber feet on the outside edge. My wife's 06' was missing them and it looked like the door was pushed in. The service dept. gave us new ones and now it is perfectly flush. Also if the little rubber feet are missing the fuel door will scratch the hell out of the paint next to the gas cap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.