Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if NE1 out there was getting less fuel economy thatn the specs that honda stated in there web site. The reason Y I ask is because I just got my E 3 days ago and I've only moved 250 km and the the tank is 3/4 empty. I went back to Honda and they said that it wsa supoosed to burn more gas as the engine gets broken in. I've considered the shotty gas line issue, but i haven't found NE gas stains on the drive way. NE help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If there was/is a fuel leak you wont see stains unless it is a very bad leak. Gas evaporates quickly. My mileage has been consistently better than advertised. I doubt that Honda fill the tanks all the way on delivery jsut enough to hit the F mark with the needle. 3 days ago? Have you actually tracked gallons going in vs. miles? Until then you cant have any idea what mileage is like.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've got about 7000 miles on my E and performed first oil change at about 4500 miles. My gas mileage continues to improve slightly every tankful. Right now, I'm running about 24.5 MPG combined city and highway. My E is a 2WD, 5spd EX.

·
Registered
29 Posts
8) My gas mileage has been pretty good. I have 8000 miles on my 5spd 2wd and I have been averaging 23 miles to the gallon on almost 90% city driving. The last tank was 26.3 mpg, but that included some highway time. 8)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hehe... my dealer actually forgot to fill my tank up and had to send me a reimbursement check. They also forgot to register the vehicle (I'm leasing). Oops!

As for the mileage, mine seems to be improving. Haven't filled up enough times yet to get a steady read on it though... somewhere around 22 MPG I think.

Drew

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just took a road trip from Southern Virginia tro Miami with my E and averaged 22.5 with the AC on the whole time. I've been averaging 22 in the city so far. I now have 4500 miles on my E (and about 2100 cane just this past weekend.

·
Registered
55 Posts
With the exception of the first two tanks I have gotten the advertised MPG or better. On one trip where I put it on cruise at 60 on flat roads I got 27. At a steady 78 I get 23-24. This is a small engine, if you have a heavy foot your gas milage will let you know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fuel economy depends on the speed that you are driving. The EPA rating that is on the sale sticker is done at 55mph speed at highway speeds, so if you are driving at 80mph, it could consume 1-2mpg.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was a little concerned while on my first tank of gas. It seemed like I could watch the needle dropping. Then it started to get a little better with the second tank. I'm on the third tank now and appears to be getting better still. I'm looking at about 22mpg in town, and I don't think you can beat that in a lot of stop and go traffic. Looking forward to hitting the road next weekend for my first road trip - should have a true picture of mileage after that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts