·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just for the record, i filled up the other day with the following results:

351 miles
12.253 gallons

that's 28.6 mpg!!!!!!!!!

this was with about 80/20 split of highway/city driving with wife and son and blasting a/c

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have been getting 27-28 with that mix too. 2wd, and I climb a moauntian on my way home each day. I thought that was pretty good for a car this size.

It went up from around 22 when i first got it. I have 6k on it now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My gas mileage keep getting better and better the more miles I put on. I have approx 7000 now and I am averaging 26.3 Mpg. that is 85% hwy, AC on half the time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Best I can squeeze out of my E is 18-21mpg city, 24mpg highway. :( window sticker said 21mpg City 24mpg Highway so I am right on!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I am right with you cbradsh1.....I am not dissapointed, as the E is performing as per sticker specs, but when there are reports of such high mpg I am simply curious if I could be doing something different, and also curious to see how the E does with the cooler weather coming and the air staying off!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I hear ya about the 'air staying off'. Today was the first day out here (Va Beach, VA) where I could be comfy with the A/C off and windows down. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Switters, I live in Greenville NC. The best I can do is normally 20-23. I have the AC on and drive 50/50 split. Even 100% hwy I only get maybe 24 max. Are you sure about getting 28 mpg? Are you driving slow?
:?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I wonder if the different gas mixes for the different geographical areas has anything to do with it.

I know the gas out here (Va Beach, VA .. right next to the ocean, so we dont' have to worry about any pollution) made my Jeep run a lot better then the stuff they had in the Chicagoland area.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The best I have done is 27.5 and the worst was 19.5 MPG. The 27.5 was on a trip to Washington state at about 70 MPH using the cruise control most of the time. I have a GGM AWD automatic. Great vehicle. I live in Southern Oregon.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I drive 150 miles a day to and from work. I average 24-26 highway and that is doing 70 with the cruise control on and air. Local I get about 19-21. My CRV on long trips can usually do 28 but that is a 1997 one. I don't know, sounds weird to me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EforMe,
I'm sure about the mileage. Just got back from a trip to DC for the weekend and had almost identical results. Not driving slow, either. Not driving exceptionally fast, but staying around 70-75 on the highway with the a/c running.

·
Registered
11 Posts
First two tanks:
miles gallons AVG
255 12.074 21.119
296.5 12.507 23.7067

Couldn't be happier. This was mostly in city driving.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
diane,
i have an ex auto 2wd.
i was really surprised with that first high mileage tank (even though i was happy with the mileage i'd been getting prior to that ). i have right at 5k miles now. i saw a steady increase in mileage from the first tank that plateaued about the 24-25 mpg range. that was before i made any trips of any distance. i do use cruise a lot on the highway, but other than that i don't think i'm doing anything particularly unusual with my driving habits. running 87 octane gas (primarily from bp if that matters) and playing the stereo very loud most of the time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts