Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone that has the km's on the odometer.

I want to find out how many km's your getting per tank especially if you have a 2wd auto.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
[quote:f6f2c7c23e="Mac"]Hey everyone that has the km's on the odometer.

I want to find out how many km's your getting per tank especially if you have a 2wd auto.

Thanks[/quote:f6f2c7c23e]

Hi Mac
I got my E AWD auto 2 weeks ago i live in Montreal so far i am averaging
360 Klm at the point when the ligh got on reserve (45 liter) 50% city 50% high way on the highway only at 100Klm /h i do 10.5 L/100Klm

Quite desapointing sor far compare to the spec.( 8.8L/100klm) otherwise i love my E

·
Registered
64 Posts
We just picked up our E on Saturday May 10 and on 37L went roughly 400K...that's AMAZING!!

We babied the driving, since we are "breaking her in" we didn't allow the RPM's to go over 3000. We'll keep you posted...But GREAT THREAD!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I haven't actually taken delivery on my E yet so I don't know what Honda dealers are telling people. However, it's been my experience with every other new car I've owned that the first 2 or 3 tanks get sucked back mighty fast...you have to have a good 3 or 4 K on your car before you can tell what the gas mileage will be...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I am just shy of 4000km. I average 325 to 400 between full and reserve 45-47 liters. Highway I do pretty good but not impressed with city. Most of my trips of very short between 5 and 15 minutes I am sure that factors in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrat BB
what color is your E and Model ?
your doing better milage than mine my avrage on highway at 100km/h is 11L/100KM

we are far from the 8.5L/km in the spec booklet. I suspect the millage performance wiil vary a lot with the wind condition

·
Registered
12 Posts
[quote:5bccaa0788="boneheadz"]I am just shy of 4000km. I average 325 to 400 between full and reserve 45-47 liters. Highway I do pretty good but not impressed with city. Most of my trips of very short between 5 and 15 minutes I am sure that factors in.[/quote:5bccaa0788]

Man what are you saying?you are doing 13-14 L /100km this is very desapointing .i was doing almost the same with my V8 Toyota Tundra

again the spec.sheet said 11in city and 8.5 highway Is anyone achieved those # so far

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm getting between 400-450km per tank. Of course that depends on the driving.
Last week I got 400 kms and I filled up and it took 50 litres and this was mostly city driving. So I am getting 8km/litre

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Man what are you saying?you are doing 13-14 L /100km this is very desapointing .i was doing almost the same with my V8 Toyota Tundra

again the spec.sheet said 11in city and 8.5 highway Is anyone achieved those # so far
I filled my dodge v8 every 7 days at 50.00 per tank. I fill the element every 10 days at 33.00 per tank

As I said most of my driving is very short trips. I have a 7 minute commute. And I am less than 15 minutes to anywhere I have to go. I am doing a road trip in june and that should give me a better idea. My last trip through the mountains I got between 23 and 25 mpg with three people on board.

·
Registered
12 Posts
let say at 8.5 liters/100km we should do 529kms with 45 liters (i did only 409kms)when the gas light gets on.of course this is on highway at 100 km/h.

now a mix 50/50% city/highway we should get around 10L/100km which mean 450kms on 45Liters (i did only 325)

in some circonstances my gas millage is actually 25% more than expected since i do around 12L/100 on hihway and 14L/100 on 50/50% cond

I am not very happy about this because ecology and economy on gas was #1 reason to change my big pick-up .

Anyway my E is so much fun to drive compare to the Tundra... i just wish it will get better soon.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Can anyone express the gas consumption in mpg??? I hate litres per 100 km.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just filled up 47 litres and I got 583KM's. That is 12KM's per litre or 36 miles per imperial gallon. I do all highway driving and keep the RPM at 28-2900. That is about 97kph. An average trip is 45 minutes.

·
Registered
64 Posts
[quote:62b8bcb835="kiteboy"]Congrat BB
what color is your E and Model ?
your doing better milage than mine my avrage on highway at 100km/h is 11L/100KM

we are far from the 8.5L/km in the spec booklet. I suspect the millage performance wiil vary a lot with the wind condition[/quote:62b8bcb835]

We have a SOP Y 2WD 5spd, I am Super surprised at the numbers being tossed out...Are you guys driving the &*#@ out of your BRAND NEW E's?

We got 32mpg our first trip out, frankly it shocked us both! We have since filled her up and have not tested her since...be nice to your new babies...and they will be nice to your wallet in return...

By the way, that mileage was a mix of city and highway...about 60% city and 40% highway

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well, maybe we're just lucky....but the first tank was 32 mpg, our second tank was 28 mpg.

We just passed the 1000km mark yesterday...we'll keep you posted on the gas efficency of our E!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I now have 10,980km on mine since jan 29 and am averaging 460 to 500 to a tank . I have yet to take the chance to go to empty to test a theory.

I have a SOP EXAWD auto

·
Registered
894 Posts
Don't leave me wondering....what theory?

·
Registered
56 Posts
i do aggree that the SOP's seem to be getting better gas mileage. :lol: :p .haha. Just for the record i do find it difficult to go easy on the gas now that we passed the 1000k mark. This thing drives like a sports car and the engine makes very pleasing sounds. When an aftermarket cold air intake becomes available this engine will probably sound akin to my housemates RSX Type S with Cold air intake. that is to say AWESOME. So much for fuel economy 8)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just figured what my gas usage was after filling up. I got 20.5 miles per gallon and that was all city driving.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts