Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I was getting gas for the mower this past weekend so I could cut the grass for the last time (I hope!) this year and some spilled in the back of the E. No matter what I have tried to clean it with, it seems like I can not get rid of the gas odor. Has anyone had this happen and if so, what do you recommend to get rid of the smell?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
air it out.......it WILL take some time

you might also try febreeze, baking soda and or any automotive degreaser

good luck and let us know

it's at times like these you wish the claim that you could hose it out were true

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did try febreeze and it only masked it for about 15 minutes but did not think about baking soda. Time to run to the grocery store and give that a shot! Maybe while I'm there I can find some other type of cleaner as well to try. Thanks for the advice and I'll let you know if it worked.

Oh, and yes I wish I could just hose it out! Would making regular cleaning of the floor easy!

·
Registered
836 Posts
white vinegar is known to dry odorless and help eleminate odors, might try washing it witha rag soaked in vinegar then dry for the day, otherwise sadly only time can help.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the late reply....memory not so great! :twisted:

I did the baking soda thing which seemed to work....that and as others suggested....time!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts