Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share my NEW GAUGE POD.......More to follow next week...........

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: New Gauge Pillar Picts

Thanks for the "Kind" words.....I kinda like it myself.....More toys to follow!!!!

·
Registered
8,753 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts

i guess i better remember what thumper said

·
Registered
773 Posts

I see that they have a CLOCK, but do they have a compass by any chance? I looked and did not see one, but maybe I missed it.

Love the way it looks . . .

·
Registered
2,720 Posts

Is it something we really need, or is it just stuff to put in the element. Looks neat, but looks like it might get in the way of sight

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I used the Autometer Dual Pillar for the Ford Mustang....Cut and removed the Dual Pods...Molded it to the factory Honda Pillar...Textered it and then painted it to match.The gauges were mounted in the floor console,but it was hard to view and I had to give up the cup holders.I like this view much better.Here are some pictures of the old install......

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts

That's a remarkably clean molding job.... Did you glass the pillar piece once you'd fitted the dual pods onto it?...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

No...Just took my time and got lucky.Thanks for the feedback.......................

·
Registered
1,775 Posts

very nice install. good job and very clean looking! my concern would be that the A pillar is already a HUGE blind spot. the last thing i would want to do is add things there. i can't tell you how many times it's blocked cars and people walking in the street. be very careful!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Yes I agree with you....It does create a small blind spot....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Bondo with the fiberglass hair......Just sand and texture,then paint to match.....

·
Registered
102 Posts

joeBoxer said:
... my concern would be that the A pillar is already a HUGE blind spot. ...
Yep - depending on the profile, height, etc., A-pillar pods can add to the pillar blind spot.

The thing I don't like about A-pillar mounts is having a lighted gauge close up in my field of vision at night. No matter how dimmed the illumination may be, the gauges bug me by drawing my attention ... This disturbs me a lot more than the expanded blind spot ...

But - each to his own!... And I still think that's an excellent fab job!...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Thanks...I appreciate the input.....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts