Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 EX, Nighthawk Black Pearl, MT, 175k mi
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...
I searched, but didn't really find any good shots of E owners running the General Grabber AT2. I had them on my Toyota FJ; they absolutely RULE.
Well, now that I have the Element, I'm looking to swap out the Goodyears that are on it right now.

Knowing how agressive of a tread these tires were, I was just curious to see how they looked on an Element. :)

I was one of the few guinea pigs over on the FJ forums to try them out and report back on them.... EXCELLENT tire! I've had them in mud, snow, rain, etc. They clean well and don't plug up in the snow like some BFG A/T Ko's owners have complained about in the past.

Anyway..... any pics of these tires on your rides??

-S

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Nice to see another Grabber fan! I've got AT2s on one Element and my Isuzu work truck and I love them. I am on my phone right now so I don't have any pics handy but if you search for threads I posted in you will find plenty of pics.
I wanted a set of steelies for winter and got 15" since the tires are cheaper than 16"s. Now I wish I would have gotten 225/70/16"s, oh well maybe in a couple years if these ever wear down. Or...there's always my wife's unmodded Element!

·
Registered
27 Posts
ive been meaning to post some pics. ill post up some tonight. i have 225/75/16. thats the biggest you could go. they make the element look like a real suv and the handling is awesome. i drove around in a foot of snow all day with no problems.

·
Registered
2008 EX, Nighthawk Black Pearl, MT, 175k mi
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome responses everyone! Thanks!

Rick4570 has some cool pics of the treads on his ride, too.

When I had them on the FJ, i noticed about a 1mpg difference (worse) in gas mileage... I'd imagine it'd be about the same if not a little worse for the E.

Experiences with them?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Same here about 2-3 mpg but it's worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts