Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted up some 235/70-16 Grabber AT-2's the other day. Have to say the ride quality is more predictable, it tracks better and looks better. Next up is a lift of some sort. Pics up soon.:-D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Fitted up some 235/70-16 Grabber AT-2's the other day. Have to say the ride quality is more predictable, it tracks better and looks better. Next up is a lift of some sort. Pics up soon.:-D
Awesome! I've heard nothing but good things about these tires. Can't wait to see the pics

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm interested to hear how these hold up.

I've been weary of the General brand, but have heard they're getting better.

What sort of driving do you do most of the time? any offroading or mostly highway/city?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I've been running Grabber AT2s on 15 inch steelies for two winters now and they have performed flawlessly in sand, mud, snow, ice and heavy rain. Dry weather performance is on par with BFG AT k/o's and fuel economy as well, except much less expensive.
I am a BFG convert and I'm not going back!

·
Registered
122 Posts
byron,
how much worse is the fuel economy running the T/A KO's or the Grabbers vs. the stock Wranglers?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
byron,
how much worse is the fuel economy running the T/A KO's or the Grabbers vs. the stock Wranglers?
All AT tires will yield poorer fuel economy than street tires. But it is a fair trade off for the piece of mind that you can drive through anything nature throws at you.
With the AT2s I average 20-24 mpg in cold winter rural driving.
With the Dueler HTs I average 23-26 mpg in warm summer rural driving.
My wife has an 06' EXP-AT with the same exact Bridgestone Dueler HTs and she averages 26-29 mpg year round though so I tend to believe it is more about driving habits than tires. :-D
I keep all the tires aired to 36 psi year round unless I have to get through slick mud on ledge rock or the roads are extra icy, then I'll air down to 32 or even 30 psi. At 30 psi in snow at around -25 I have gotten down to 11 mpg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts