Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching OWL tires for my E.. I painted the wheels and had a great graphic put on, pix soon, but I cant decide between General Grabbers(rated best by CU and one of my tire guys), BFG Long Trail Tours(good price at another tire guy and Costco) or Yokohama Geolanders(Lot of people seem to like them, they were good on my Forester).
Anyone with ideas?
Thanks,
Chas

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have and do shop ad nauseum for this kind of stuff. The Grabbers seem a great deal from info I have looked at. Look at the reviews on Tire Rack and note how their survey ranks them just below Michelin LTX M/S some 50% more in cost. Also, several tire threads here that talk about experience with these (note Apriliaguy who has run a set the better part of the last 2 years).

I have Michelins almost exclusively the past 20 years but am looking to give these a try.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Geolandar!

Love my Yokohamas!, but i think its a win win! The General is a very good tire too. Everyone has an opinion!! But I narrowed it down to Yok, General, and the Bfg. The Bfg is pricey and is a heavier tire (that size is an industrial apllication in bfg). I honestly went with the Yok over General because its Japanese, trying to keep a theme, all be my E is made over here! lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm interested in the same question. I'm looking to pick up a set of AT tires and have narrowed it down to Yokos or General Grabbers with cost in mind. The reviews seem to be pretty similar between the two. Based on the customer survey rankings on TireRack, what I took away is that the Generals provide slightly better traction in multiple conditions while the Yokos are a little quieter and more comfortable. So i'm assuming the Generals lean towards the off-road side of AT while the Yokos lean towards the highway side (at least between these two examples).

So how bad is the road noise with the Generals? Does it even matter with the considerable wind noise thats present anyways?

Anyone with pictures, post 'em up!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Love my Yokohamas!, but i think its a win win! The General is a very good tire too. Everyone has an opinion!! But I narrowed it down to Yok, General, and the Bfg. The Bfg is pricey and is a heavier tire (that size is an industrial apllication in bfg). I honestly went with the Yok over General because its Japanese, trying to keep a theme, all be my E is made over here! lol!
Hey what size are those Yoko's?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
grabbers

Well, I have my Grabbers, and for the 20 mile ride home from the tireshop, I think they are great. Looks incredible,better handling, MUCH smoother ride than the GY's and a bit quieter. pix to come if we ever get more than a 1 day stretch of clear weather.:razz::twisted:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well, I have my Grabbers, and for the 20 mile ride home from the tireshop, I think they are great. Looks incredible,better handling, MUCH smoother ride than the GY's and a bit quieter. pix to come if we ever get more than a 1 day stretch of clear weather.:razz::twisted:
I have less than 100 miles as well. I went to brush off those white circled numbers on the sidewall ( QC? ) and noticed on all 4 that there is a slight dimple or dip on the sidewall. Did you notice that on yours? I never had Generals and can't remember seeing that on any other tire I bought in the past. Can you take a look at yours?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Here are the dimples I am referring to....on all 4

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey NAS660 how did you paint your rims? I have been researchign the best way to do it so when i get home from Iraq thats the first thign i do. I've heard powdercoat or using dupli color is a very cost efficient high quality way as well. Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts