Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda's new Plastic Panel Coating is a quick-drying, transparent spray that can cover up minor scratches and scuffs on the Element's exterior plastic cladding.
Note:
Cladding must be clean and dry when Plastic Panel Coating is applied.
For best results, the coating should be applied in a well ventilated area where temperatures are 65 to 80F.
This product covers up scratches and scuffs; it does not eliminate them. The coating will wear off over time, and scratches may become visible again. As a rule of thumb, owners may want to reapply the coating to the plastic cladding whenever the painted surfaces of the vehicle are waxed.
Part # 08732-9011 / 4oz. spray can / List price $7.75

Honda parts information bulletin A03-0014 8-12-03

:cry: I hate scratches :cry:

·
Registered
359 Posts
This is what we have all been waiting for. What happens if over spray gets on the paint etc? Is it currently available at the dealers? I like the sound of this. I knew Honda would come up with something.

I wonder if my many coats of Lexol would effect the curing of the spray when applied.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes, where can I get this? Should you use Lexol, etc in between applications of this stuff?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
$7.75 for four ounces!? I suppose you need six cans for one application? I'll stick with Mother's Back to Black...My panels look beautiful. When they're clean. :shock:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I don't think that this spray is meant for overall protection and overall application on the panels. It is meant for spray touchup for scratches. We have all been waiting for Honda to come up with a remedy for covering scratches after they happen. Seems that they have done that.

I use Lexol for overall protection, and it works great (I like the results more than Back To Black). But it will be nice to have a can of coverup for when scratches might appear.

Also: scratch coverup and UV protection are two different situations. Think of the Honda spay as a temporary touch up paint for the panels. Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Now if they can invent a spray to get rid of all the pitting on the rocker panels... My rockers and rear fenders were replaced at 5k, the second batch of plastic Honda mixed up is no better than the first. Think I'll wait until the warranty is almost up and get some more, then buy the biggest mudflaps I can, just call me Dumbo.

·
Registered
42 Posts
KD
You'd think I drove somewhere exotic but other than a short stretch (one mile) of gravel road, it's all two lane highway west of Ottawa (ON) Like I said, the rockers are cooked again even with adding the OEM mudflaps. Maybe Georgia gravel is softer?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Same here. I'm waiting until they pave my road to ask for a replacement, which should be soon. I drive on .7 of a mile of gravel road.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I just cleaned my "E" and I was drying it with a towel and the towel left swirl marks where I dried it on the panels. It was a cotton towel. This is the 2nd time I cleaned her and I used a new towel. I had to use blue coral vinyl protectant to clean it up. It looks great but I shouldn't have to worry about the panels like that. One of the reasons I bought the car was so I wouldn't have to worry about painted panels :evil:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I used it the first time too with no problems. Don't know why. We had a lot of rain the last 3 days maybe I ran through something on that side of the car because the wells had an unusual amount of crud in it when I cleaned her yesterday.

·
Registered
137 Posts
ElementalOne mentioned the spray is transparent, that means there is absolutely no color in this spay?

Klynch13 as you mentioned you used the spray with good result, can you tell me is there color in this spray?

I was hopping to use this stuff to paint some black molding to match the plastic panel on the EX Element.

Have anyone know Honda or any paint company sell spray paint for the plastic panel?

·
Registered
21 Posts
8) I use a combination of egg yolk, baking soda, Kiwi neutral shoe polish and Ron Jon surf and ski wax blended approx 3 minutes using a Waring #34661 turbo blender. This has made my Element look somewhat respectable.

·
Registered
137 Posts
[quote:79e776f67e="HansBlix"]8) I use a combination of egg yolk, baking soda, Kiwi neutral shoe polish and Ron Jon surf and ski wax blended approx 3 minutes using a Waring #34661 turbo blender. This has made my Element look somewhat respectable.[/quote:79e776f67e]

Hey man!
If you wants to clown around go back to the UN Mr. HansBlix!!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I used blue coral vinyl protectant on a rag. It is clear with a light odor. I didn't use it inside because it is just a little too much of a dressing but it does protect the panels well. I recommend it and I found it in a dollar store in a big bottle.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: Honda Plastic panel cleaner?

I think this is just a coating to spray on the panels in case you get scratches and stuff. Not a polish more like a spray paint.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.