Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few days of sleeping in my E I have discovered something maybe Honda can fix next round.

It would be really nice to be able to open the railgate from the inside.

In the morning it would be great for a quick exit without crawling over your friends and lovers to get out and pee. It is a long stretch to get the front door open.

Hey Honda this is important! I know the floor is waterproof but I don't want to test it this way.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I guess we have to jump out of the sunroof for now. I totally agree with you. We camped in ours and this was an annoyance for sure.

·
Registered
60 Posts
One of us has to have a look under that cover? Find out what the latching mechanism looks like. I am sure we could drill a hole and put a string or rod to open the hatch from inside. Honda for safety reasons may never put this latch in. Why wait lets do it! 8)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeah, I agree on that... when I'm folding the seats down from the wall I often end up on the wrong side of the seat and have to climb over the back seats and then lean into the front just to get to a handle. It'd be really useful to open the back from inside.

Drew

·
Registered
131 Posts
I took a quick look at my tailgate tonight and I think it would be very easy to adapt a cable to a small ring that you would just need to pull to open the hatch.

But your right, Honda should have thought this one through, especially as the talk about camping (and what not) in the back of the Element.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts