Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Aloha & Howdy!

For those that are interested in helping w/ a Beach Clean-up please pm me how many are attending (names), t-shirt size, and email info so I can send you a form.

W/ your pm, please tell me how many are attending. Also include if you are a 'fo sure' or maybe.

The Event is scheduled for September 19th (8-12pm)

I'm going to sponsor you guys - so once you pm me, I'll send a waiver - which you can give me on clean-up day - September 19th.

Food, drinks will be provided. We're going to meet at the Kahe Power Plant at ~07:45 to kick-off the clean-up at 08:00 w/ a brief safety meeting (i.e., coffee) and then transport people across the street to various locations. All w/in a mile of our central location (kahe Point Beach Park Pavilion). At noon is when we'll grind.

We got a solar powered shave ice machine - hopefully should have snowcaps too :D

As w/ every year we have security etc - you can park at the power plant and head over to the classroom inside the plant. There will be a sign table and I'll be floating around getting stuff ready - so no worries. Once 8:00 rolls around we'll meet at the powerplant classroom for a quick safety meeting then we'll load up the vans and take people to the Beach. We have gloves, garbage bags, sun screen, etc.

More info will be forth coming.

Cool beans and Mahalo!

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I'll see if I can talk Kat and her nephew into helping out.

I'll be there in spirit, so I'll take an XXL shirt please. :D

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Talked to Kat. She said she'll go. Just seeing if she can talk her nephew and a couple of his buddies into it too. I'll have some numbers for you by tomorrow.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talked to Kat. She said she'll go. Just seeing if she can talk her nephew and a couple of his buddies into it too. I'll have some numbers for you by tomorrow.
PM me their full names also (email address) - I'll need to have each one sign a waiver :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to hear that - no worries - there's always next year :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys I'm going to close up registration COB Friday. Currently we have ~70 volunteers :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aloha guys - mahalo to all that replied - I'm going to be emailing you the waivers tomorrow. I'll post on Wednesday w/ more information on where to meet, etc.

Basically it's pretty simple - meet around 7:45 at the Kahe powerplant. Park in the facilty parking lot. At the guard shack will be a sign-in table. Just sign-in and give your waivers to the person there. She'll give you walking directions to the classroom and your t-shirts - there will be coffee and light morning goodies when you get there :)

Be sure you bring some form of id (i.e., driver's license).

Gloves,water, lunch and trashbags will be provided.

Including those that have signed up, we have around 80 people showing up so it should be a fun event.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys I just sent out the waivers via email. Please print, sign and bring 'em on Saturday. I'll be sending out a follow-up email in the next day or two w/ more info.

Mahalos!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys! I just sent out the info mailer to each of you. If you have any problems just give me a call - or post here :)

See you Saturday morning!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alrighty dudes I'll see you tomorrow morning - I have your t-shirts.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The debate is how high the tire went in the air - I think at least 30'. But everything was moot when the cops handcuffed and took the guy away...

Elemento mahalos for having my back when we got the drivers info :)

Also echibon Mahalos to everyone that participated it was good to see you guys and look forward to seeing the rest of the gang at the upcoming event!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
The debate is how high the tire went in the air - I think at least 30'. But everything was moot when the cops handcuffed and took the guy away...

Also echibon Mahalos to everyone that participated it was good to see you guys and look forward to seeing the rest of the gang at the upcoming event!
No problem dude!! I wouldn't let my HEOC bro go eth alone!! It was cool helping out the community hopefully we will have more of us next year...Thanks for the invite...and it was nice to see Sandy, Kat and Her neph...cool deals...

·
Registered
143 Posts

Hey you guys need to share the story...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just wanted to give a big picture view on the items collected last week from our beach - super echibon mahalos to everyone that helped! :D

Items Collected By Category:
1) Shoreline & Recreational Activities (debris from fast foods, beach-goers, sports/games, festivals) = 3146
2) Ocean/Waterway Activities (recreational/sport fishing, boat/vessel operations) = 418
3) Smoking-Related Activities = 5098
4) Dumping Activities = 217
5) Medical/Personal Hygiene = 15 (dirty diapers)
6) Debris = 871

Top 5 items collected:
1) Cigarettes/filters = 4993
2) Plastic/paper bags = 808
3) Bottle lids = 560
4) Cups, plates, forks, etc = 347
5) Plastic/glass bottles = 390

1 - 20 of 20 Posts