Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some photos from my all day mud-bogging fest in the fields of Hadley, Massachusetts.

I went out there with a seasoned veteran of the hobbie and after all was said and done he had "a new respect for the Element." It had made it through some trails and ditches that some thought it wouldn't.

I think this would be a great spot for an EOC outing. Give me a shout if you are interested. :)

This is the dirtiest my Element has been in a long time. haha
Enjoy the pics.

-------------------

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yup just a few more images. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Awesome - I'm jealous!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Thoroughly enjoyed those pics...thanks for sharing. Wish I were closer to take you up on sharing the trails there.

(And "Wow!", is that the sun actually making an appearance in MA? Sure hasn't been around when I've made recent trips to Bean Town.)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Bowzer,

I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. Next time you are coming to Bean Town we should hit the trails together.

Yeah the sun came out for one week only actually. It's back to thunder storms and rain all this week. Looks like I don't have to worry about washing my Element after all. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Nice! Now you need to get some Mud terrains to clear that mud. Your tires look like inner tubes. ;-)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Props! I'd love to do something like that

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rev,
that is exactly my plan. I can't wait till my current tires are all used up so I can upgrade.

I like the photo, are those currently on your E? What are the specifications for those tires? Did you have problems with them fitting the truck?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If you're running the OEM Goodyear's, there's a thread around here somewhere where several folks were getting credit on the OEMs toward a new set of choice (from Good Year). That might get you out of them a lot faster.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hey Bowzer,

I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. Next time you are coming to Bean Town we should hit the trails together.

Yeah the sun came out for one week only actually. It's back to thunder storms and rain all this week. Looks like I don't have to worry about washing my Element after all. :rolleyes:

If you can make room in the passenger seat, I'm all for it. Miss those casual muddin' days.

Talked with a coworker out there yesterday. She said the week of sun made it worse...now you're just reminded of what the summer is supposed to be right now. Rain keeps up and ya'll are gonna have people jumping off bridges soon enough.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Rev,
that is exactly my plan. I can't wait till my current tires are all used up so I can upgrade.

I like the photo, are those currently on your E? What are the specifications for those tires? Did you have problems with them fitting the truck?

No those are not on an E. They are on my 2008 Nissan Xterra. But I have seen guys on here running agressive tires, though most are a little too put off by the sound and feel of Mud Terrains. I think there is a guy here running BFG KM2's. And there are a few running BFG AT TA KO's and they look great but are not as good in mud as a MT tire. The one in my pic are Firestone Destination MT's in 285/70/R17. They run great and are quiet for a MT tire.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey whuggie
I like your style, in E and in muddin
check out mine..

This was from a few hours ago... I love monsoon season!! Good luck with the engine bay!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Bowzer,

Thanks for the information on the Good Year OEM credit. I'm searching for that string but can't seem to find it. I'll keep looking but if you can find it before I do that would be great.
I would like to upgrade to MT tires soon so I have them this summer.

Yes the weather in Boston stinks. I'm really glad I have photos on a sunny day so I can prove that the sun does come out in Boston every so often. hehe

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah DrTARDIS,

I like your style to bro.
Keep rocking the Satin Silver E and getting it muddy! :D

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Hey Bowzer,

Thanks for the information on the Good Year OEM credit. I'm searching for that string but can't seem to find it. I'll keep looking but if you can find it before I do that would be great.
I would like to upgrade to MT tires soon so I have them this summer.

Yes the weather in Boston stinks. I'm really glad I have photos on a sunny day so I can prove that the sun does come out in Boston every so often. hehe
Here t'is...Take note the last post on it is from 07. But it's worth a shot, right? Would do it myself but don't have the few hundred to spare on tires right now. Let everyone know how it goes!

Linkey

1 - 17 of 17 Posts