Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I will be getting my E in the first two weeks of september ( a SOP EX 4WD auto ), and would like to get suggestions on anything I should be prepared for. IE what does my E want to make it a happy driving machine? And I would also like peoples opinions on the stock stereo system? Good enough to wait a while to replace . I'm so so excited. I feel like getting it, filling the gas driving off and never comming back :)
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
461 Posts
I don't know about for a happy driving machine, but for a happy driver, I would definitely get the bigger driver side armrest and the all-weather floor mats. H&A has good prices on both.

As for what to be prepared for: The most fun you've had behind the wheel. I've had my SOP almost 4 months, and I still grin whenever I see it

·
Registered
299 Posts
Keyless entry and all season floormats are pretty much requirements if you get an EX. I have a stick so not going with the armrest, plus it's nice for my wife to be able to climb into the back on long trips to be with our daughter if needed, although once our second comes in Feb that's not an option.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a 5spd and the large armrest. It is perfectly comfortable. I don't understand why it is listed as not recommended if you have a 5spd. It in no way interferes with shifting at all. Incidentally, it removes with the touch of a button, so won't interfere with the wife wanting to clamber into the back either.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just installed the larger armrest two days ago...and I wish I did it sooner I love it. The seatback bungees gave me some extra space to find a place to store that sunroof cover they throw in. The keyless entry is a must...so much more convenient. As for the stereo...its not that bad. I thought I'd have to change it because in the past I had two Accords (89&92) and the stereos in both were really wimpy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
:D I got my SOP 4x4 Ex Element today and i love it thank god i got rid of the eclipse! :shock: everyone looks at my E' i swear i have had to open the side doors and show it off over 20x today everyone loves it although i got to pay about $300 something dollars for the rack and then the surfboard attachment :( oh well but it is da ultimate surf suv out there. :wink:

·
Registered
176 Posts
get the keyless- necessary option.

the EX stereo is more than adequate. you wont need to replace it unless you're an audiophile.

good luck hunting for your E :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I recommend the keyless entry and the security system if it will help with your insurance cost. We have an old laundry basket behind the front seats to throw small stuff in - put it behind the rear seats if four are aboard. Get a shower curtain ring, or carabiner for the back seat grab rail(s) to hang your dry cleaning on. I think the stereo is just fine, but I'm no expert.

Be prepared to like it even more than you think you will. It turns on a dime, so it's easy to park. It's just useful, so once the new wears off, you will still like it for all it's virtues.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to everyone who have given me some idea of what Im gonna want to get. It really helps alot. These forums rock.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If I were you I would get used to saying, "Its not just a car, it's a way of life"

·
Registered
53 Posts
Absolutely get the all weather floor mats...don't have the keyless entry yet and I have survived. (maybe for Christmas) I've had my SOP for 6 weeks now and love it more everyday. Took 'him' for a great wash today. Living by the ocean makes my car a great pooping ground for the seagulls. :D
I got bungee cord from a boating store and made my own. Even if you don't use them very often, I think it makes the seats look cooler.
Good luck getting your E. I'm sure you will love it!!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
while your on the bungee cord remark,has anyone bought the one's on ebay that are $9.99 in black/orange just wondering i have been thinking about buying dem but i dunno should i get the OEM ones i have a SOP 4x4 element EX and the orange bungee's would look good i think :?:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts