Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in for check on 2 items at the dealer today:
- Intermittent chirping noise coming from somehwere around the belt and pulleys area; of course, dead quiet when at the dealer service bay but the tech looked closely and found a couple of belt "chips" on the tensioner pulley, said that would be from some rubbing...so, new tensioner and belt provided under warranty.
- While changing recent flat tire, noticed off looking bushing on the ball joint. It had a crease and what seemed like a cut. Tech looked at it with me, said it was not leaking and seemed to be performing fine...I looked closer and could not find more than a crease vs any cut and agreed for now. Will hit it with some silicone to maintain the rubber integrity.

Oil change, tire rotation (put that failing tire to the back!), picked up tranny fluid for a drain and fill this next week or so (they wanted $75 for a drain and fill...I just couldn't do it) and we're good to go.

Good experience. This coming from someone who loathes going to a dealer for service.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Don't put anything on the ball joint rubber, that will only attract dirt and debris and cause it wear out prematurely. They will hold up for the life of the ball joint better it be hard and deflect dirt. I have never seen a ball joint rubber crack and cause a failure. They do wear out, but that is a normal thing on any vehicle. Vehicles with grease able ball joints tend fail earlier then those without in my experience.
Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts