Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an interesting opportunity for my 2009 ex.
The jiffy lube broke my glove box and replaced it with a new one that included a USB dongle connector. :-D
It's obviously not hooked up to anything. And it should be! 8)
The E has the power and aux in on the dash shelf and factory HU, amp, etc, and expired XM tuner.
Is it possible to make this an iPod friendly connector for tunes as and charge? Android too?
Can I remove the XM tuner?

·
Registered
730 Posts
That was an option that came on the E that has factory navigation units installed. I'm sure there is a way to finagle something somehow to make it work but that is above my pay grade. Maybe someone else will be able to chime in and give you some ideas.

·
Moderator Eh?
12,158 Posts
Models that have USB plugs from the harness have a USB control unit that separate from the head unit. Unless you have the proper head unit and required pieces you are pretty much out of luck.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
With a little creativity & custom work you could fairly easily convert that USB plug into a power plug for charging anything via USB plug.

USB audio paths are digital, so there is no way to really link it to the OEM radio without something to convert that digital signal into an analog signal.

It could very easily be modified to connect to an aftermarket radio that had a USB plug on its rear & do everything you want, essentially be a USB extension cord. lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is aftermarket company that allows streaming bluetooth,ipod and usb connectivity for the oem head unit. Its a pretty easy install ( just a y connection that goes between the radio and amp.

It works well enough, although you could buy an aftermarket head unit and get the same features. I only did it because my car sits in parking lots 14 hours a day and I wanted those capabilities with a stock looking system.

Its easy enough to find the unit, but I wasnt sure of linking procedures here, and I dont wanna make a thing about a nothing...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts