Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is an off topic post for sure so moderator(s) go ahead and delete it if you want. I couldn't really find an approriate forum to put it in so I just picked the one on top.
Anyways, I don't own and Element yet, but I'm thinking about one my next vehicle so I visit this site (which I like very much btw thanks) every once in a while. Every time I enter the site I see (and shake my head at) the "God Bless Our Troops..." banner.
Does anyone else find this to be an odd banner? I'm a Canadian (Boo!) but I'm not sure that has much to do with my finding this strange to be honest.
Don't get me wrong, I don't wish the coalition troops ill-will by any means, in fact I support the cause. But to ask for God's blessing just seems...I don't know...it seems wrong to me I guess. I mean does anyone really believe that God would sanction this sort of thing? On second thought, don't answer that. Clearly many do. Most every war has religion at its core sadly.
Anyway I'm not trying to start anything here but I was just wondering if I was the only one to find this whole thing peculiar.
And get this, I'm not the least bit religious either! Go figure.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You do make a good point. But, although I do not support this "war" I do want everyone to be safe. I also am not crazy about the phrase "god bless". But it is pretty universal. God, Budda, Alla etc, does not matter what you blelieve in.

This in not a forum for political agendas but because it is an america site I think that we can allow a little patriotic stuff. As for religion being at the core of war, this could be a long discussion.

PS You message would better fit the Club X forum, you could move it there.

PM me If you want to talk more.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hehe... my bookmark goes right to the BB... never even noticed that before.

Anyway, my feeling is that since this is a privately owned site (it provides a public service, but it's still privately owned), the webmaster is welcome to express the wishes of his choice on the main page.

While I personally don't subscribe much to the traditional concepts of 'God', if the sentiment behind the statement is loving and made with good intentions, I don't see anything wrong with it. I think we'd all live a lot easier if we learned to not be offended by things that were not intended to be offensive.

:)

Drew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts