Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Man, I really wanted another Element. I've been searching for about 2 weeks within 200 miles and EVERY ONE in decent condition that I find is ABOVE the Kelly Blue Book fair market range! My loan goes by NADA values, which are usually at the bottom of the Kelly Blue Book range, so I haven't found any that I can afford to purchase. Even the private party sales in my area are above KBB. I found one that was private party and in a good range, but it was in too rough condition. I think I'm going to have to go with a Fit. We need a second vehicle... And it seems like Elements are too hot for me to purchase at this time...

·
Registered
566 Posts
Elements do not hit the used car market as much as most cars do. That's because their owners really like them and tend to keep them a very long time. Most anyone on this site will agree! : - )

So it will take awhile to find the Element that you want. You may want to extend your search radius too, if you really want one. 200 miles is a lot already though! Where are you located?

After I first got bit by the E bug, I searched casually for over a year, and then searched seriously for about a month before I finally pulled the trigger! And the one I bought was ~ 80 miles from home!

Don't know much about a Fit. I do really like our 2011 Accord.

But if you really want an Element, if possible, hold out for an Element! You won't regret it! : - )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. There actually are tons available in my search radius...they're either too rough or priced way over the fair market value...

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Thanks for the reply. There actually are tons available in my search radius...they're either too rough or priced way over the fair market value...
They're not priced over the "fair market value". It's a hard to find vehicle with a lot of eager buyers and less than adequate supply and KBB doesn't take that in to account. On the other hand, after having seen too many Fits splattered with FAR too much blood inside, I've sworn never to get inside one of them. The "fair market value" of my life is also much higher than Kelly Blue Book.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all. Man, I really wanted another Element. I've been searching for about 2 weeks within 200 miles and EVERY ONE in decent condition that I find is ABOVE the Kelly Blue Book fair market range! My loan goes by NADA values, which are usually at the bottom of the Kelly Blue Book range, so I haven't found any that I can afford to purchase. Even the private party sales in my area are above KBB. I found one that was private party and in a good range, but it was in too rough condition. I think I'm going to have to go with a Fit. We need a second vehicle... And it seems like Elements are too hot for me to purchase at this time...

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you live in So. Calif., then my daughter in Corona, CA is selling her 2010 Element EX. 150k miles. In great condition. 714-334-4486

·
Registered
154 Posts
Only Fit owner ive talked to hated the thing, she works here, and it was always broken. Always.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't think you will be happy with a Fit. The Element feels like a little tank when you're driving it whereas the Fit feels like a slightly larger version of the Smart car....not the most reassuring driving experience.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
My family rides around in a Fit, the 4 of us, all the time. Can you expand on this?
I don't want to go in to the background as to WHY I saw them, but my introduction to Fits was after one of them was involved in what should've been a fender bender/sideswiping a parked car. It SHOULD have just glanced off and smashed the right front corner. What really happened was the entire right front was shoved back in to the poor passenger who took a lot of damage. Worse, one of the rear seats broke loose and the person in THAT seat was also hurt. This was from a glancing corner-on collision at under 30mph. We all stared at that car and marvelled at how flimsy the thing was. Have seen several others in minor accidents since including one that was T-boned on the driver's side - in city/slower speeds. That one lived but I don't know if they lost an arm or not. Very sad. As far as I'm concerned, the supposed safety rating was either fictional or a mistake because they're cracker boxes, especially if you hit a corner which is what most accidents involve.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I came from a fit to the element, I really liked the fit for commuting. Not fast but zippy, good gas mileage etc. Some fits though are problematic for some reason or another, 90% are solid and cheap to run around in. Small and easy to park but the element is totally different vehicle and I prefer it over the fit

·
Registered
6 Posts
Only Fit owner ive talked to hated the thing, she works here, and it was always broken. Always.
I own a fit and an Element the Fit is a perfect compact car I’ve had it 9 years and it’s been a non issue change the oil great vehicle. Averaging 30 miles to the gallon and is capable of hauling all kinds of different things. So there’s the name Fit because it holds tons of stuff and fits into almost any parking space. As well as holds its value.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I own a Fit and an Element, the Fit is a perfect compact car, I’ve had it 9 years and it’s been a non issue change the oil great vehicle. Averaging 30 miles to the gallon and is capable of hauling all kinds of different things. So there’s the name Fit because it holds tons of stuff and fits into almost any parking space. As well as holds its value. I would highly recommend it as a great car in the compact car market.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I own a fit and an Element the Fit is a perfect compact car I’ve had it 9 years and it’s been a non issue change the oil great vehicle. Averaging 30 miles to the gallon and is capable of hauling all kinds of different things. So there’s the name Fit because it holds tons of stuff and fits into almost any parking space. As well as holds its value.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I used Craigslist, Cargurus and Carfax when I first searched for my Element- a used car dealer told me they were getting most of their business from Facebook Marketplace- so I switched to Facebook and in a few days I located a one owner 2005 LX for $2600- private party cash sale- the interior was near perfect, because he always used seat covers until a few years ago- In my research it seemed the prices in Florida were cheaper than other areas- maybe they don't rust out? Anyway, I have had to spend some money on neglected maintenance, but it has been worth it-- good luck- the Honda Fit is so far below the Element- unless you have a kid in a car seat, I have heard the Element's back seat is a PITA for a car seat --

1 - 15 of 15 Posts