Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't wait! I'm going with 18s and a factory body kit. My car will look similar to this one:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
NICE! My daughter is looking at getting one in a month or two, when her current Passat Sedan lease is up. I like that they are all German built still.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
enjoy the extra cost of premium gas.................

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sweet... I love VW's. They're driver's cars, my wife & I had three VW's in the past, a Jetta TDI, a new Beetle 2.0 and a Rabbit 2.5 . Congrats on your new passat W, you're going to love it.:lol:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I used to live VW's until my buddy bought a 05 Jetta and everytime a part went bad it was $500 to fix it, he hated it, sold it this year and lost his butt. He drives 20k miles a year so he was out of warranty in mid 06, he soldit with 85k on it and only could get 7k for it, noone would buy it anywhere near bluebook.

As long as you like it, thats all that matters, just take good care of it so it does not turn into a money pit.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used to live VW's until my buddy bought a 05 Jetta and everytime a part went bad it was $500 to fix it, he hated it, sold it this year and lost his butt. He drives 20k miles a year so he was out of warranty in mid 06, he soldit with 85k on it and only could get 7k for it, noone would buy it anywhere near bluebook.

As long as you like it, thats all that matters, just take good care of it so it does not turn into a money pit.
Thanks, that's good advice. I'm going to lease, and I drive pretty much spot on what the mileage that the warranty covers.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I want a Jetta Sportwagen TDI. I am just not ready to dump 30k and VW does not lease these.

Enjoy your ride. I had a 96 Jetta and loved it right up until I sold it with 160k.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I kept my Element when I bought my 2009 VW Rabbit ! :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Oh..here it is

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
Those Passat wagons sure are good looking. Let us know how it treats you. I've heard the VW horror stories, but hopefully the new ones won't be as much of a headache.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I like VW's. I've had 5, and have a 2010 Golf TDI right now...4 door, 6 speed manual, and a moonroof. I love it, and I'm loving the over 43 mpg that I've averaged since I got it 3200-ish miles ago. I miss my E and will very likely end up with another E at some point, but it'll go along with the TDI, not as a replacement.

The 2.0T engine in the Passat is REALLY nice...it's tough to catch the turbo sleeping with those things, and they are strong from about 1800 rpm to over 6000. Smooth as glass, and they have a very nice little growl to them. There were some updates made starting with the 2009 version of the 2.0T that make it better than ever...more reliable, and simpler to service. VW really under-rates their turbo engines...on conservative dynos, the 2.0T makes about 205 hp at the wheels and 220 torque at the wheels...VW rates them at 200 and 207 respectively at the flywheel. I think it's so VW isn't seen as stepping on Audi's turf...the 2.0T is pretty much VW/Audi's workhorse engine in the US, and VW gets the lowest-power version of it.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I sold a 1999 Passat 1.8T 5-speed wagon before getting into my E. VWs do sometimes nickle and dime you, but it was no worse than other cars I've owned. I sold it because of the mileage creeping up on it, and.....well......I just wanted something new.:|

That wagon was amazingly versatile, comfortable, and fun. Not necessarily in that order.

Enjoy your Passat, the better gas mileage will make up for having to buy premium!!! I could get 34mpg out of mine if I kept out of the turbo range of the go-pedal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts