Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
At my last oil change, the Jiffy or EZ Lube (I forget which) folks recommended that my fuel injectors be cleaned at 15,000 miles. I'm not sure whether this is a good recommendation or whether they're trying to make some $ off of me.

I looked around on this site to see what dealer recommendations are, but can't find it.
Any thoughts?
many thanks,
VS

·
Registered
246 Posts
Are you having a drivability issue that would indicate a probable need for an injector cleaning?

Not that my results would have any bearing on your vehicle, but I have over 178K on my E and have never had need of an injector cleaning.

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Scam.

The entire quick-lube business model is to get you in the door with a cheap oil change and then twist your arm for a bunch of junk you don't need. 15,000 miles? Puleeeeeeeeze... :x

·
Registered
576 Posts
Scam.

The entire quick-lube business model is to get you in the door with a cheap oil change and then twist your arm for a bunch of junk you don't need. 15,000 miles? Puleeeeeeeeze... :x
SCAM.

You could consider putting a bottle of techron or regane or whatever fuel injector cleaning fluid into your gas tank and acheive cleaner injectors.

·
Registered
550 Posts
About the last thing I'd want is one of those meatheads a a quick lube messing with the FI. How would they clean it - pour a can of cleaner in and charge you $50.
se

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's exactly what I thought. which is why I didn't go for it.

They were right about changing my air filter/cabin air filter, though. They pulled 'em out and they were tan. Just like the color of Burning Man. Which is where my E took me for 10 days this past August....There was no doubt that was my filter!

Thanks you guys! Everyone here has been really helpful.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Remember everything they get you to buy other then the oil change is called an upsell and they get a bonus for that. The cabin filters may look like Burning man but they might flow just the same. Take them out into the sunlight and look through them and if you see light good they are in good shape. As for the injectors like Honda Tech said are you having any problems. Its good to run a cleaner through your system a couple times a year and the injectors might need cleaning after 100.000 miles. Other words.
Scam... They have been in trouble with BAR a few times for this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I waited until Honda's recommended 36K to change my cabin filters, won't wait that long again. They were really clogged, the defroster barely worked, now it blows like a champ. Depends on a lot of variables, of course, but I think you did well to change them. And they're cheap, although perhaps not when Jiffylube installs them.:roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts