Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 08 EX AWD E this past April so this coming winter will be my first time driving it in snow. I bought it brand new so it still has the original tires on it. I'm concerned how the E is going to do in the snow based upon how it has been doing in the rain. If I'm stopped on a little incline and I try to give it some gas, my tires slip easily. So, based on this, are these tires going to suck in the snow? I'm hearing this is going to be a bad winter this year and given that these tires only have 11k on them, I'd hate to have to buy new ones already.

Any advice from other 08 owners?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The E itself is great in the snow but the tires??? I have another set of studded tires on rims that I just change out for the snow season and that works out great.

·
Registered
163 Posts
living in northern michigan and all the snow we get, The element does excellent in my experience. All I have on the E are GENERAL tires. All season. I drive 450 miles a week for my job and I havent had a problem yet. I have 24000 miles on the tires and still a ton of tread left on them.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I live in Scranton PA but am frum upstaye NY near Black lake ware snow is at its finest, My 07 EX Element does awsome in my opinion its the best 4 wheel drive vehicle iv EVER driven (my wife agrees) in the snow and slush. You might want to get difrent tires like every one elce said but its a no brainer when it comes to driving (as long as you use commen sence) because thair is no hub to lock or button/lever to push or pull it just does it when it noteces a difrence in frunt and back wheel speed.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Ditto pretty much what everyone said. I have some no-name tires and have had absolutly no problem in the one 6" snow we've had here in sunny No Va in the past 3 years. Does well on the ice and hard packed snow too. Ground clearance is the biggest problem but frankly I don't want to be out in more than 6" around here.
se

·
Registered
83 Posts
Living in Edmonton, still have the stock Goodyears on my 08. It's fine in the snow and on ice. Definitely a tribute to the electronics, turn them off and it slides all over the place ;-)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have an 03 EX AWD with 5-speed manual. I've never had any trouble in the snow. I go snowboarding a couple times every season and I've really had a good time with this car (exept for all the unrelated problems). I even pulled off into about 2' of snow and the E just pulled right out. Since I never had a problem with the original tires, I replaced them with the exact same thing. I've been pretty happy so far. Now that were at 90k miles, it's time for a 3rd set of tires. I'm looking at those General Grabber tires cause they got such a good reveiw. Unfortunately I don't think I can afford a full set of 4, so I may just go w/ the OEM tires again.

It's time to sell the E anyways (family is growing)...

BTW: Despite what some have said, the AWD is pretty good in this thing. On the street I can pull on my brother's 07 Civic Si in 1st gear. Lockup of the rear occours in less than 1 rotation of the front tires.

·
Registered
446 Posts
We had almost a foot of snow overnight. I hopped in the E this morning and all I can say is this thing had more than enough traction. The tires are fairly new which I know helped. You can get in any 4WD/AWD vehicle with worn tires and it's going to slip and slide. My vote is it's a great AWD vehicle.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Skip the all real drive nonsense and just buy a good set of winter tires. Honda AWD is a scam..waste of money . Us Inuit should know.
Inuit are known for wasting money? Hadn't heard that. But then again, I don't know many Inuit.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Get rid of the Wranglers and get good all-seasons or summers and snows.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.