Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 08 EX AWD E this past April so this coming winter will be my first time driving it in snow. I bought it brand new so it still has the original tires on it. I'm concerned how the E is going to do in the snow based upon how it has been doing in the rain. If I'm stopped on a little incline and I try to give it some gas, my tires slip easily. So, based on this, are these tires going to suck in the snow? I'm hearing this is going to be a bad winter this year and given that these tires only have 11k on them, I'd hate to have to buy new ones already.

Any advice from other 08 owners?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
The E itself is great in the snow but the tires??? I have another set of studded tires on rims that I just change out for the snow season and that works out great.

·
Registered
163 Posts
living in northern michigan and all the snow we get, The element does excellent in my experience. All I have on the E are GENERAL tires. All season. I drive 450 miles a week for my job and I havent had a problem yet. I have 24000 miles on the tires and still a ton of tread left on them.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Get rid of the stock wrangler hp's and you'll be good to go. Or keep them and get a set of cheap steel wheels with snow tires on them.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I live in Scranton PA but am frum upstaye NY near Black lake ware snow is at its finest, My 07 EX Element does awsome in my opinion its the best 4 wheel drive vehicle iv EVER driven (my wife agrees) in the snow and slush. You might want to get difrent tires like every one elce said but its a no brainer when it comes to driving (as long as you use commen sence) because thair is no hub to lock or button/lever to push or pull it just does it when it noteces a difrence in frunt and back wheel speed.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Ditto pretty much what everyone said. I have some no-name tires and have had absolutly no problem in the one 6" snow we've had here in sunny No Va in the past 3 years. Does well on the ice and hard packed snow too. Ground clearance is the biggest problem but frankly I don't want to be out in more than 6" around here.
se

·
Registered
83 Posts
Living in Edmonton, still have the stock Goodyears on my 08. It's fine in the snow and on ice. Definitely a tribute to the electronics, turn them off and it slides all over the place ;-)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have an 03 EX AWD with 5-speed manual. I've never had any trouble in the snow. I go snowboarding a couple times every season and I've really had a good time with this car (exept for all the unrelated problems). I even pulled off into about 2' of snow and the E just pulled right out. Since I never had a problem with the original tires, I replaced them with the exact same thing. I've been pretty happy so far. Now that were at 90k miles, it's time for a 3rd set of tires. I'm looking at those General Grabber tires cause they got such a good reveiw. Unfortunately I don't think I can afford a full set of 4, so I may just go w/ the OEM tires again.

It's time to sell the E anyways (family is growing)...

BTW: Despite what some have said, the AWD is pretty good in this thing. On the street I can pull on my brother's 07 Civic Si in 1st gear. Lockup of the rear occours in less than 1 rotation of the front tires.

·
Registered
446 Posts
We had almost a foot of snow overnight. I hopped in the E this morning and all I can say is this thing had more than enough traction. The tires are fairly new which I know helped. You can get in any 4WD/AWD vehicle with worn tires and it's going to slip and slide. My vote is it's a great AWD vehicle.

·
Registered
41 Posts
4WD is not 4W brakes

As long as you remember that 4WD does not Mean 4W Brakes and that all weather tires are not snow tires you should have no trouble.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks

Thanks for all of the helpful feedback! My Accord did fine in the snow so I'm hoping that my E will be even better.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Skip the all real drive nonsense and just buy a good set of winter tires. Honda AWD is a scam..waste of money . Us Inuit should know.
Inuit are known for wasting money? Hadn't heard that. But then again, I don't know many Inuit.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Get rid of the Wranglers and get good all-seasons or summers and snows.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts