Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure why or how it happened but I decided to sell my 2007 1/2 Dodge Megacab Dually and get a 03 Element Ex AWD/AT. So far so good. the turning radius is definately better, power not so much. Just as roomy if not roomier and I can flip up the seats and really pack it full of stuff and the payments are awesome (none).
All in all I would say it was a good choice but I need to surf this forum more and figure out the best way to get some 12volt plugs installed for GPS, Satellite radio, radar detector etc. Definatley want to look into some power enhancing options for it, I am not sure why there are not more? (is it the drivetrain is weak?) I would love to see a supercharger kit for it or something that is proven and reliable just to pep it up a bit and not destroy everything in the process.
Well anyway I am glad I found this forum and good or bad I am an Element owner now.

Thanks, Jamie

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Jamie,
Welcome, and let me be the first to say that having filled out your profile before making your first post is the greatest thing i have seen on here today. :)

i too would love to see a supercharger kit for it as i dont want to have to go thru everything that is involved to put a turbo on, but it might end up that way. there have been people that have put the jackson racing one for the nsx i think on thiers, but from what i remember it isnt (or doesnt work quite the same) on the automatics. either way, welcome and let the mods begin.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Welcome to the looney bin from the resident Madison looney, your strait jacket will be delivered shortly. :razz:

There's a metric ton o' info on here and a lot of other crap too! For the power outlets, do you need more in different locations or just a splitter for the main one on the passenger side dash?

As far as engine power goes, it's a 4-banger moving a tall box, it's not gonna take off like a big block B8 :rolleyes:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the power outlets, do you need more in different locations or just a splitter for the main one on the passenger side dash?

Thinking of putting something on the drivers side maybe 2 on the left side of the steering wheel and 1 on the right above that little tray area above the knee. Gotta have the gadgets. As far as power you really never have enough as far as I am concerned. goto www.racingelting.com and click on the gallery and goto the orange grand am area there should be a video & some pics which may help explain my obsession.! :D

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,817 Posts
Welcome to the club.

There weren't many vehicles built in 2003 that had more than 2 power plugs standard. The 10A capacity of the front jack should be able to handle a splitter and all the gadgets to mentioned. If you are planning on adding heavy-draw electrical accessories that you'll use while the engine is off, check the threads on batteries. The 51R battery doesn't have much reserve power for that. Check the FAQ/How-To's on the Forum menu for electrical mods.

Regarding power, the E wasn't really designed to be a racing vehicle or a heavy hauler. There isn't much you can do without spending a small fortune that will eke out more than a few more ft-lb of torque from the standard engine, but once you get used to the E's power curve, you shouldn't have a problem with its speed or acceleration capabilities in real world traffic. .

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Welcome...

Get them pics posted soon or you'll feel the "wrath" of the Eople...! LOL! Congrats and may she give you many years of service and enjoyment... If you do find a worthwhile engine mod, don't forget to take pics and document the install... Who knows...? Maybe you're the one that puts E in another class of vehicle...?

Good luck...

LBD

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts