Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good place for LED bulbs for map and dome lights?

Where can I find quality LED bulbs to replace my factory maps and dome lights? Can I simply pop-out the factory ones and insert LED replacements?

I have a 2008 EX.

Thanks!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I found them too late to use them for my own install but www.oznium.com is a great resource. They've got quite a number of products that work well with the Element and you can search "oznium" here on the boards to find several threads on them.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I found them too late to use them for my own install but www.oznium.com is a great resource. They've got quite a number of products that work well with the Element and you can search "oznium" here on the boards to find several threads on them.
I just spent some 45 minutes slobbering on myself with plans for lighting from the oznium site.

Great resource!

I've also found some unique and seemingly good quality items here at plasmaglow.com

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just replaced the map, dome, and license plate lights in my '08 Element EX with white LEDs from diodedynamics.com.

Map: LED Board 6-SMD (Quantity 2)
Dome: LED Board 12-SMD (Quantity 2)
License Plate: 194 1 Watt LED (Quantity 2)

The single dome light in the Element with the standard bulb was not enough to light up the interior. Nor was it enough to light up the cargo area either. Now the Element is well lit at night for better safety, and the map lights really light up the interior when needed.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
how do you install the boards? I was hoping for direct led replacement bulbs similar to the ones that hillstones recommended for the licence plate area.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
many of the "boards" have a wired connector that will directly plug into the socket that the bulb used to plug into.
or, you could use a dummy connector w/ wires attached.

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Here is what a board of LEDs looks like with the adapter:

I bought two of these and used them for the front and rear dome lights. I had to really modify them to work.
It was worth it, they are really bright. I bought these for the map lights (same brand), they are plug n play:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Honestly, for the money, go to one of the aformentioned websites (or superbrightleds.com) and buy the ones that fit. No mods, no frustration, just plug and play. I got 2 tag lights, 2 dome lights and 2 map lights for like $36 shipped.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I just swapped all mine out from superbrightleds.com. $50 shipped for both map lights, both dome, and both licence plate bulbs. It took me about 10 minutes to switch them all out and they look awesome!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts