Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm about to pull the trigger on an E...my first vehicle in about 6 years (been living in a city for a while now and haven't needed one.)

Anyway, sick of relying on my friends to go mtn biking all the time I'm going to pick up an end of year special.

I want a 2008 EX 4WD, and the best deal I've seen thus far is 20,495 + TTL. I'm pretty sure I can do better, but wanted to hear any insight into how much better?

Much appreciated.
-dylan

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
That's not terrible. If you really want a good deal wait until the week after Christmas. Then the sales guys will be dying to move one before year's end.

Had a guy here that did that and got an SC for just over 18K.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
That's right at what I'm getting for best offers for the same vehicle (AWD EX AT). $20,300 (TRP) & $20,536 (ASM)...the latter just came down from $500 higher.

If you can wait and if there are a couple of the vehicles within reach, try to wait until later in the month if you just have to get a few hundred more off. That's what I'm doing...the risk of course if running out of the options but there's always slightly used.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Bowzer is right, if you can hold off until closer to the end of the month, you may be able to knock of more $$$

1) Sales people get $$$ incentives for meeting/beating quota for each month, and will be more willing to make less on the sale, if it means they can use the sale to help qualify for a performance bonus. (And Dec. sales traditionally are slow, so sales people will be hungry).

2) With the '09s starting to hit the dealerships, they will be more willing to move the '08s at a discount.

3) At the end of the year, the Dealerships pay a State Inventory Tax on the cars still in their inventory, and will be more willing to deal to get them off the lot before they get taxed on them (about 2%). (And make sure they don't sneek the tax onto your final invoice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Great feedback, thanks everyone! I'm in San Francisco, but am speaking to dealers all over the Bay Area.

I think I'll wait a few more weeks. Is it true that first week of Jan. is better than December?

What is TRP and AMS etc? Colors?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Great feedback, thanks everyone! I'm in San Francisco, but am speaking to dealers all over the Bay Area.

I think I'll wait a few more weeks. Is it true that first week of Jan. is better than December?

What is TRP and AMS etc? Colors?
Colors...sorry about that...I had to quickly pick up on the abbreviations, too.
AMS=Alabaster Silver Metallic
TRP=Tango Red Pearl
I'm wanting a GG (Galaxy Gray) but there are no more 08's that color in my area. I'll either have to go with a slightly used GG I found or get a TRP or ASM new. See, it sinks in fast.

End of month is always best. When it coincides with end of year, even more so as stated by mkh. When coinciding with unheard of slow periods...well, we're close to a perfect storm for pricing right now.

I've noticed the dealers are trying to keep a stiff upper lip at first by maintaining prices. But it doesn't last long if they know you're truly ready to buy. What will come though is a proclaimed shortage in supply of new to maintain pricing, which is true as manufacturing has been cut across almost all industry as long as 6 months ago. I'm thinking the end of this month will be ideal as this supply crunch will be the gospel throughout the first half of 2009.

I'll keep you posted if you'll do the same! Here's to holding a new set of keys. :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Best Price Thurs Far...

So I'm about to pull the trigger, and after shopping around the best "out the door" price (including absolutely everything) is 22,380. That's for an EX 4WD 08'.

Does that sound reasonable? Really excited...

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Thought by your posts you were going to wait? Got a little excited, eh?

If you can force yourself to wait until after Christmas I think you will save quite a bit more . . . but we understand why you are anxious! :D

·
Registered
859 Posts
thats probably about what i paid, if you factor in all the extra options and 4wd that i didnt get.

·
Registered
7 Posts
08 EX 4x4 - all black

I just picked up our 08 EX with 18k miles - for $17,400 - -

wasn't thinking I could find an 08 for that price, but had to travel to LaCrosse, WI to get it

·
Registered
301 Posts
Don't know how comparable it is but I paid just over $21K out the door for my '08 FWD EX with MT in June and got 0.9 finance on the whole nut. I didn't think it was an outstanding deal pricewise but they had to get the car from another dealer because I wanted a stick EX and the dealer really did have to work for the $, they let me take an LX with a manual for a couple days to see if I would like it (the LX) but I ended up declining to get closer to what I wanted - they hung with me and that was worth something to me, plus they are 5 minutes from my house.

The best price is the one you pay and when you are done with the deal you are satisfied that you got what you paid for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just paid under $20k for a new EX AWD

Howdy -
I'm obviously new to this forum. I just bought a 2008 Element EX AWD for $19788. I solicited quotes through Edmunds.com and the range we got back was from $19788 - $21500. In addition to the 1.9/3.9% financing options dealers have a $1500 incentive right now also. I probably could've gotten it a little lower if I'd waited until next week, but I got the color I wanted and felt like it was a very reasonable price.
Now I'm going to go buy some accessories with my savings :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Howdy -
I'm obviously new to this forum. I just bought a 2008 Element EX AWD for $19788. I solicited quotes through Edmunds.com and the range we got back was from $19788 - $21500. In addition to the 1.9/3.9% financing options dealers have a $1500 incentive right now also. I probably could've gotten it a little lower if I'd waited until next week, but I got the color I wanted and felt like it was a very reasonable price.
That's fantastic! I almost paid that much for my 2008 LX AWD in September (no incentives, got it lower than the www.carsdirect.com price in my area, even) so did as well as I could at the time. These end of the year prices are well worth the wait!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Was that total price our before TTL and all that?

Howdy -
What that before TTL + other fees or total out the door price? Also, which bay area dealer if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
13 Posts
08 ex awd auto price-used

just saw this at a dealer near me for $18,750 with 3,700 miles on it-is it a decent deal? it is black-not my choice of color would rather have something more colorful like kiwi but can not fine one near me. any advice other than to check out the carfax report?

·
Registered
64 Posts
You guys are getting hosed. In december of '03 I picked up my EX that was listed at 22.5K for 17K. Now that the auto industry is getting bent over, I plan to try to trade mine in for a brand spankin' new Element and I won't be happy if I get over 15K.

Guys, these guys are desperate, you can play hardball, they need to move units, saddens me to see people paying too much.

My sister has an old blazer and she's in the market for a new vehicle. So I'm going down with her to the dealership on Friday to test the waters. About to start some research into how many '08s they have in inventory, if they have the '09s already on the lot etc...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts