Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gang, I finally made the move.
I am very happy that I found this great E club, got so much info and the mebers are the best.
I was contemplating on getting a diff vehicle from the beginning, I even went as far as adding leather to the E.
At the end, it took few minutes to make the move.
The one thing I never liked about my 08' E and the 07'CRV, was the engine (same). I felt like it is underpowerded. Always struguling in uphills or highways.
At best, I got 19/22 MPG (CITY/HWY).
I looked at the RDX but it was way too much money with the Tech Package.
The Rav4(V-6) interior is way too ugly for me.

So, I got a Nissan Rogue with leather, sunroof, tech package(bluetoot) heated seat, compass mirror.
The wife loves it, she really likes the sunroof and "it doesn't feel underpower like the E". The RPM's used to go up when in the highway.
The Rogue come with 170 HP and 175 Lbs of Torque. Nice design (aerodynamics) and the bluetoot is the best.
Xtronic CVT™ (Continuously Variable Transmission)
Manual shift mode with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters.
Xenon headlights(you can move them up or down with a button) and fog lights.
Bose system (eigth speakers).

I already got used to it and the Rogue feels much faster.
Less wind noise.

Also, I already getting 25MPG combined.
Just traded my 08' Element EX AWD/Leather for the Rogue
I had previously owned a 04', 05' and 07' Honda CRVs.
My second Car is a 04 Honda Accord V6/Coupe/ EX-L.

The wife likes the size of the Rogue/element, not too big.
Checkout my E @ http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40400

Few things missing are the backup sensor or camera (will added and post pics) Nav and the Home Depot mod.

I took the All Season Floor Mats and Carpet Floor Mats as well as the K&N air filter. For sale now @ http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56959

I'll keep coming back to this forum always, I still have my 04' Accord V6 EX-L Coupe. :)

Later guys.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
What color???
Pictures!
Pictures!
Pictures!
:D

Sorry to hear ya got rid of the E but, the Rogue looks like a lot of fun.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The wife has been wanting me to trade for a Ridgeline. But,would really hate to see the element go. Hope you well with your new ride.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The wife has been wanting me to trade for a Ridgeline. But,would really hate to see the element go. Hope you well with your new ride.
Can you have your wife talk to my wife? We have two Elements so I think we could let my old E go for a Ridgeline.:D

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
What is bluetoot? Is that some sort a warning for when your Nissan takes a crap, lol.

I know you mean bluetooth.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I looked at a Ridgeline but wasn't too crazy about it. Too many blind spots for the wife, uses lots of gas and frankly, we have no use for it.
I also looked at a 2008 Pilot EX-L but I felts the vehicle is very heavy, too big and not as nice as the Rogue.

You guys are the best:)

ASA I get a chance I'll post some pics of the Rogue.
The rogue is Silver Ice.
With the intel key, I can start the car and leave it running while taking the key with me.
I'll add the Viper remote start tomorrow.
Windows are already tinted.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is bluetoot? Is that some sort a warning for when your Nissan takes a crap, lol.

I know you mean bluetooth.
I tell you what, the sound is very clear.
Also, I can just give the phone number command (area code+3numbers+4number+ dial command) and never had a problem.
Ofcourse, I can use programmed numbers like home, work, etc.

PHONE HOME...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Had a Ridgeline now have my Element...Much Happier!! To help with the blind spot issue on the Ridgeline I installed a panoramic mirror and it worked great. I installed the same style mirror on the E and it really cuts down the blind spot issues. The Ridgeline was nice with better seats for long trips and more storage options but the gas mileage or lack of gas mileage was the pits. On a same type round trip at the same speeds the Ridgeline got 15 to 16 mpg and the E got 25. I liked the Ridgelin but love the E.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
may the fingers of the EOC keep a grip on you........................

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
170hp was too underpwoered so you bought something with 170 hp? I don't get it.

Here is the E info:
Horsepower @ rpm (SAE net) 166 @ 5800
Torque (lb-ft @ rpm) 161 @ 4000

It felt underpowered for the weight of the E.
The Rogue comes with 4 more HP and 14 more Torque than the E (not much).
But the Rogue doesn feel like strugles when accelerating.
Also, I fillup my first tank today and I got 25MPG and comparison to the E @ 19MPG.
The wife loves the Rogue and is not as loud when you drive it.
I love Hondas but IMO, they should trow a V-6 in the E/CRV.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
One more pic.
This was taken few months ago @ Arches Pational Park in UT.

I'm really enjoying the Nissan Rogue SL/Leather/Sunroof/Tech package/Bluetooth/Bose Sys/Xenon Headlights/Fogs.

I'll post some pics ASA I get a chance. Already installed backup sensors today and a Viper Remote Start/Alarm.:)

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts