Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today we had to put our lab down. orvis had a long and full life. he was born oct 1996. the list of things he destroyed is long and sordid; including a kitchen floor, table legs, goretex ski pants, socks, carpets, and any dog toy labeled "indestructible."
I sit in my usual spot and keep looking for him in his. It will take some getting used to.

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. Having to put down a pup is never easy but at least they are comfortable now. He was a sweet looking lab!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
They are part of the family and you get used to them being there and when they are gone, you miss them - I fell your loss and my heart goes out to you and yours.

I have a Golden that also destroys supposed "tough" toys

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
I know first hand what it feels like losing a loved pet. My sincerest sympathy.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Looks like he had a great long life!!!

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this

I just wanted to say that I feel your pain. I also had a hard time when I lost my 10 year old rotty close to three years ago. He was my best friend and understood me like no person ever could. There is a special bond between man and dog that words cannot even describe. I hope that time will heal your loss and that you may find comfort in the memories you had with him.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry for your loss..

We lost our 17 year old Maltese in January. He was a great little guy. He was deaf and blind in the end, but still had his gentle spirit, and was very happy. Again, sorry for your loss. They live on in your heart.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
We lost our 17 year old Maltese in January. He was a great little guy. He was deaf and blind in the end, but still had his gentle spirit, and was very happy. Again, sorry for your loss. They live on in your heart.
Notanku, sorry for your loss! I have my 17 year old mutt who is deaf and getting blind, but he is still one happy fellow.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts

Eight years after passing, I still choke up thinking about my beloved Buck (which is every time I see a post on someone else's loss).

My deepest sympathies on your loss of a great friend. I was bereft when I lost Buck, at age 14. For weeks, I would "see" Buck out of the corner of my eye walking around the house. Still have Buck's "Mr. Frog" stuffed animal and collar.

I like to think all our past pups are prancing about in heaven as they did in their prime - happy as can be and still looking out for us from above.

They are a tremendous blessing while we have them and a wonderful memory when we do not. I will now say a prayer for Buck to welcome your pup with a hearty tail wag and a big "Rooooooo!"

·
Registered
10 Posts
It is a very sad day to have to let someone go...

Someone also said this to me at a very similar time in my life:

Its a wild rollercoaster ride that these animals take us on, but you bet I will be the first to buy another ticket for the ride~

Heidi and the snowpawpass girls

1 - 15 of 15 Posts