Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home from work on Tuesday afternoon on my usual route. I was the second car through a green light when a woman in a big old Ford Bronco blew through her red light at about 40 mph and t-boned me on the passenger side. I slid across the intersection, tipped over, slid down the street into the lane of oncoming traffic, and landed on the hood of an Audi.

All of this at 38 weeks pregnant.

I just wanted to share how proud I am of my little orange Element with some people that would appreciate it. She kept me safe and took all that force of the impact. None of the glass in the front even broke. I have one small bruise, a stiff neck, and a healthy baby that will be born in a couple weeks.

Here is a photo of the scene and the passenger side. It looks much worse than it was. Now waiting for the insurance company to settle so that I can go right back out and buy another just like her.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
How horrible!:shock:
I cannot stand to see SOP's in that condition, makes me want to go hug Sunny!

Hugs to you for being okay and that little soon to be bundle of joy too!:)

I really hope you find another E that makes you just as happy.8)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thank God you and your baby are ok! That's just scary looking to me! Another great reason to own an E and another reason for Honda to promote it!!!! This car saved my life too a year and a half ago.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So glad you and the baby to be are both ok...you can get another E. Make sure your insurance company goes after the cell phone records of the person that hit you....always a chance they were talking/texting and didn't even see the light!

·
EOC Rank: 999
1,793 Posts
WOW!! That was some accident. Glad to hear you and the baby are okay. I really hate seeing a brother "SOP" in that mangled condition. Best of luck with the baby and the "new" Element I'm sure you will be getting.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Glad to hear you and the baby are OK. Good luck with everything!

We hope to soon see pictures of the baby and your new E.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
So glad you are both ok and yes post baby pics!

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,521 Posts
Ditto on you both being OK :):)

As more and more accident pix come in showing how solid our little box is, the more it cements my decision to keep her until the "wheels fall off" (and the way I take care of my cars, that won't happen for a LOONNGGG time, if ever) :razz::razz:

Enjoy your new little one... :grin:8)

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
So glad you posted! Thanks for the explanation! I am very happy to hear that you are in good health after that crash. One of our other member Junebug posted the link of your crash that was on the news a few days ago. I could not help but wonder how it all turned out.

It's just another of the several testaments as to just how safe this car is.

Thank you

Dom

·
Registered
95 Posts
Awful!

One more time:

All that matters is you and your baby are fine.

Far down the list of important issues, but of interest to this forum is the resilliance of the E.

Get rest, wait out the remaining weeks, get to know baby and when you are ready, shop for an E.

All the best to you.

( That photo isn't going to be in the baby photo album????)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Oh, just a thought...

Um, must have been a traumatic experience, but, by any chance, did the composite panels handle this well??

JUST KIDDING!

(couldn't resist, no hard feelings?)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I just read the story on the news website posted in the other thread about this!!! We are all glad to hear that you are okay and so is your baby!

We are glad you found our "little" group to share your story with. You know now you will have to post pictures of your new E and the little kiddo when they get here.

Hope you get better soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Whoa, I saw a picture of the wreck in the Seattle Times yesterday and was wondering if I'd see anything about it here.

Glad to know the Es hold up so well and that all came out okay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you everyone. :) I have actually lurked on here since I got my Element three years ago, and have learned so much from all of you, but never felt the need to post until now.

To the person who asked about the composite panels, here is one more pic. As you can see, the Bronco didn't hit any of them directly, but they seem to have held up well. The front passenger one popped off partially, but even it was barely scratched. ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
As an SOP owner who has managed to get through an "incident" with a cow, (http://www.gotcorgi.com/traci/elementwreck.html) I can only say WOW! Amazing, first, that you and your baby are healthy (thank God!) and amazing at how the Element stood up to that sort of force.
As if my cow-Element crash wasn't enough to make me want another, your accident speaks volumes to it's safety! SO GLAD that you and baby are going to be fine!!!! :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Glad that your E took one for you and your baby. Looks like you went for a wild ride. Great that you are ok and good luck with your new E:)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Glad to hear that both of you are going to be ok and it looks like the E still could drive after all that. Goes to show you how well SOPs do in a accident. :grin: Just kidding and hope you will get another E. Welcome to the club.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts