Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best way to take out a scratch..??? i have a pretty deep scratch on my driver door and it is bugging me the crap out of me... I haven't tried anything on it yet.. Any recommendations????

·
Registered
97 Posts
You might try the chip mender pen from H and A accessories. I bought it and have used it for a couple of small edge chips on the hood (from road gravel probably) and it works pretty well. The nice thing about it over the Honda touch up bottle (which I also bought) is, that instead of a brush it uses a small metal tube through which you squeeze out the paint in a very controlled way. It will probably take you awhile, but hopefully you could fill in your deep scratch with it. When it dries it shrinks a bit, so don't worry that it is overfilling. Good luck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thank you for your recommendation. I will do as you said..... I can't sleep at nite because of the scratch.. GRRRR... I was thinking of getting the touch up paint.... but i will buy the pen instead...

·
Registered
302 Posts
I wish the pen came in SOP. Not avail in SOP yet. I tried to cover a 1/8 inch chip with the touchup brush and left a 1/4 inch blotch. It eats up the clear coat around the chip. Just a warning. Be careful with the brush. I want the pen for more control.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts