Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share my E color story since just voting for SOP on the color poll doesn't begin to tell it.

I WANTED the SOP - no doubt in my mind at all! Unfortunately, color choice had to also sit well with my husband since he tends to chaufer me around on the weekends :lol:

Picture this: we are sitting at the dealership with a great salesman named Gary and have hammered out all the $$ issues ( he has already told us we can get our EX/2WD/Auto in Blue, Orange or Silver in about the same time frame of 3-4 weeks). The last and final decision is the color - and we are told we can not wait until they are in because other buyers will snatch them up before they even arrive. NOW IT GETS ALITTLE UGLY.

Let me just say that Gary was afraid he'd never get home that night and eventually I caved and picked the silver (not without talking my way into a number of accessories as compensation :wink: )

I have convinced myself that my husband was just afraid of all the attention I would get from other drivers ( i.e. men) but the funny thing is I got lots of attention anyway in my Silver E. It's just a blast to drive and I don't pine away too much for the SOP.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah - I had the same experience with my wife. Both she and the salesman (!) made this look of utter disgust when I said I liked the SOP. Like "what are you thinking?"

But I actually chose the Silver on my own and haven't regretted it a bit - I think the Silver's the best color for the E. I could see SOP getting a bit dated once the novelty's worn off, and it's more of a Southern Cal color than a Connecticut color.

·
Registered
69 Posts
actually, the SOP is more of a University of Texas color....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's good to hear I'm not the only one who had to "pick another color" but the Silver has really grown on me and who knows - I may have gotten tired of the Orange down the line. ( I did insist on painting my bedroom a DARK violet color when I was a teenager and ended up repainting a few months later.)

Either way we're going to need another new car within the year so maybe it'll be the SOP E!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was set on getting a 4wd blue or silver E. I told the dealer i wanted a 4wd blue or silver E. On my 4th visit to the dealer, we were talking, and the salesperson said "Do you want to drive an E of the lot tonight?"
Of course I said yes.
It was a SOP 2WD EX. I didn't really want SOP.
But I got it because anything else was about a month lead time to get. And, the dealer took about $2000 off sticker price...
So now I drive my SOP around, and everyone stares. I like driving to Austin, because it IS pretty close to the UT Longhorns color, so people are always looking, honking, etc. I didn't go to UT, but i'm thinking of putting a longhorns sticker on my E just to make it fit...

·
Registered
914 Posts
[quote:7669534341="SPACE E"]So am I!

PS -
SOP was my first choice
Blue was my second
Shoreline mist was my third[/quote:7669534341]

Same top 3 for me, different order:

EBP
SLM
SOP
(then GG, SM, and NB)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry for all you that caved for another color. Be bold, be strong, drive an orange! Do not be afraid! Live your life and drive what you want! :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
OK, Toasty-Apricot, Ilove the SOP, but I just can't see myself parking it at Autzen Stadium this fall. :wink:

Galapagos Green was the ONLY color I could live with!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I chose SOP because it stuck my aesthetic-cortex the best. Although I think all the Elements color choices are wonderful.

If I had to pick a second color it would be Silver. That one caught my eye too.

Funny thing though, everyone is complaining that SOP is hard to find. I know a dealership in Ann Arbor, MI that has two sitting on the lot.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't think I will ever get tired of my SOP! :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
SOP all the way!!!! thats the only color my wife and I wanted.
If we could not get An EX 4WD SOP we were not going to buy it.

Case closed!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts