Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep after 15 years!!!!

So I'm going to take the summer off. LOL Plan on spending time over at the canyon ... anytime anyone want to go .. let me know. I have nothing better to do. LOL

I have a new email and not sure about phone numbers .. so PM me for personal updates.

I have the option of keeping my cell number, I just need to figure out by Monday if I want to get a new cell, cancell my land line and which number to keep.

Amy
(the bum)

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Move to Oklahoma...there are jobs every where...what do you want to do ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Unemployed

Do I hear a start to Seattle Unemployed E Owners Club?

I too am unemployed since Jan 9. AARRGGHH!!!

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I feel for [email protected] least you live in a pretty area - Spent a week @ Amgen back when we were doing the design on the Embrel plant in Grangecastle

If you decide to roadtrip to the heartland look me up

·
Registered
297 Posts
Sorry to hear you got laid off - but maybe it could actually be a good thing? Take some time off - reevaluate what you want to be doing with life?
My friend got laid off in january, and decided to go to nursing school. When she's done she'll never have to worry about getting a job again!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
sorry to hear about ur layoff..... i got laid off since last May...... so dont worry...welcome to the club.... and seriously take on some home renovation projects using things you have bought / not utilized before.....

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL .. a pot luck sounds like fun !! But geee everyone has been taking me out for lunch or dinner .. yikes I have 5 containers in my fridge right now.

But I must say going out to lunch is fun .. I never had time to do that while working.

I'll be opening up the canyon next weekend.

Amy

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sorry to hear about loosing your job. I became redundant after 16 years working for a company and I never missed a day of work, so the lay off was really hard pill to swallow at first, but everything happens for a reason.
After couple of months I found another job only ten minutes from home. I used to commute to another city 100 kilometers away, so now I'm saving both on gas & time.
Hang in there, things only going to get better.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow - sorry to hear about your situation, but do like you plan to do, take some time for yourself and relax - you have the rest of your life to work!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Have Element Will Travel

Sorry to hear that you have been laid off.

It is immoral for profitable companies to lay people off. It only creates an economic death spiral.

While we are talking about being laid off, it has been said the quickest way to a new position is by networking. Anyone have any leads or connections for a Field Engineer with a good mechanical / electrical / computer aptitude. Willing to relocate almost anywhere.

Have ipod and Element will travel.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
About 1/2 done on a platform for the E. Planted flowers all day. Life is good !! Well I've heard that a friend of mine is looking for me ... there is a opening where she works. I'm hiding out. LOL

Amy

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Sorry I missed this Amya, been a crazy few weeks. I got the boot in February so I know what it's like. Take some time, re-evaluate, de-stress, and enjoy life. :cool:

My friend got laid off in january, and decided to go to nursing school. When she's done she'll never have to worry about getting a job again!
Think again, even the mighty Mayo Clinic put a hiring freeze on nurses and even rescinded job offers to students finishing up their nursing school :shock:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,887 Posts
A major medical center in Chicago announced that they will be cutting nursing and staff positions because the number of patients without insurance is up by more than 50%.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts