Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of the blue, after a flurry of phone calls that started right after lunch, I wound up getting mine this evening! yee haw!

OK, here's the story. I go to the closest dealer (end of April, early May timeframe) - call this dealer #1. Test drive the Element, start talking with the sales guy. He gives me the distinct impression of being a slimy snake. I decide that I want the car, but I don't want to deal with this guy.

Go to the next closest dealer, #2, the guy with the wacky ads. Start talking with their Internet Sales guy, who seems nice enough. Tell him I want a GG EX AWD 5sp. I know they are tough to get, so I'll wait. Give him a $500 deposit; he says he will put in my car with their next order.

Wait a week, call. No news. However, when I looked up dealer #2's number on the Honda web page, my sales guy is no longer listed as the Internet sales contact. I mention it to him; he says he'll look into it.

Wait another week, call. He's not there any more! My new salesguy says he "decided to concentrate on school" and left the company. The new sales guy says he will do what he can to get me my car.

Wait another week, call (this was last week). No news. Getting nervous, I send a message to one of the Honda sales guys that frequent the board here. He looks up the nationwide allocation on the Honda system. No GG EX AWD 5sp allocated to my dealer.

Now, I'm really nervous. I call Honda Customer Service. Talk to a very nice fellow who looks at the same allocation and comes to the same conclusion as I did - my sales guy f'ed up and didn't get my order into the system. He says he will contact my dealer, and tries to reassure me.

Call my sales guy Monday. He doesn't have any news, but he promises to let me know Friday (today).

He calls today at lunch. "Sorry, but it looks like we can't get your car in a timely fashion. We'll give you your deposit back." (My guess is the sales guy I was dealing with screwed the pooch on getting my order into the system.)

In the mean time, last night (Thursday night), my wife and I decide to take a spin through the dealer #1's lot. This is the one with the slimy snake, remember? Guess what's sitting there? A GG EX AWD 5sp, just what I've been looking for. Arg!

So, when dealer #2's sales guy called today, I asked him if he could swap with the guys who had the car I wanted. Nope - they don't like each other. (Apparently a bunch of sales guys quit Honda dealer #2 to go work for Honda dealer #1.) OK, I'll take my deposit back.

Call dealer #1 again, talk to a different guy. (This is happening today, 6/27, right after lunch.) Yes, they have the GG EX AWD 5sp. No, it's not pre-sold. Yes, we'll hold it for you. yeehaw!.

Call the wife, send her to dealer #2 to get the deposit back. I go to dealer #1, drive the car, sign the papers, wife shows up, she signs the papers. I drive my new GG home

I'm beat. Pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
SWEET!

Congrats on your new baby E!

Can't wait to see pictures! I saw a GG E tonight at dinner....sitting in the parking lot! It was my second choice as far as color went!

Happy Motoring! and welcome :lol:

·
Registered
78 Posts
if you dont mind my asking, how much did you end up paying? and what did you get exactly? i am after almost the same E so that would be helpful.

thanks and have fun.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congratulations! I just bought the same car, same color, everything last week, and I love it! Green was my second choice as far as color -- I really wanted orange -- but I ended up having to buy in a hurry when my old car died, and I couldn't find an orange for a decent price. Anyway, I now absolutely love the green and wouldn't trade it for an orange if I could. Enjoy it -- I know you will!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the world of E ownership. I don't know what it is about this vehicle but you will love it more every day. I got mine on Monday and it is the first thing that pops in my mind when I wake up each morning. I can't wait to just go look at it and I'm always looking for excuses to drive it. So far, 3 friends who thought they didn't like the E have totally changed their minds after my loving demonstration of its features and versatility. Got to run now, I think I need to drive to the store to get some, uh, uh, I think we are out of toothpicks, maybe. If not, I will find something we need so I can take Rascal for his morning drive. Best of luck with your new E. The GG is a cool color. 8)

·
Registered
110 Posts
After reading the above posts, I had to get up and go take a look at our E. The vehicle grows on you like a puppy - the E is just a lot more practical. Congratulations. You're going to love it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[quote:1b2ddb0a6a="vornon kolts"]if you dont mind my asking, how much did you end up paying? and what did you get exactly? i am after almost the same E so that would be helpful. [/quote:1b2ddb0a6a]

$21K even, with splash guards and a towing kit.

I was motivated to close the deal this weekend because Ohio's sales tax goes up another 1 percent on Tuesday.

Next up: protectant for the plastic panels, replace the headlights with Sylvania Silverstars, and a call to Cloud-Rider for some black grills.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts