Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought it last night. (SOP EX 2wd, manual trans.)

Paid 17,977. Then got lazy and allowed the dealer to install the keyless entry for extra $325. (Already regret that decision, but then again, I don't have to fool with it.) So, after sales tax it was something like $19,700.

Have been leasing two Expeditions (leased come due August 27.) This car will be my wife's. Don't be surprised if I end up getting one for me.

Went to the dealer with E-loan pre-approved at 3.49%. However, Honda credit offered 3.59% so I went with them out of plain fear of knowing nothing about E-Loan.

Guess I will always wonder about the extended warrantly that was offered and declined. 7years 100,000 miles for 1,200.

After less than one day I am just thrilled that we opted for the 5 speed. Also, amazed by the head and shoulder room and wide view from all the glass. Great fun to drive.

Doug Fejer
www.douglasfejer.com

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the club!

Have fun with your new E, and what perfect timing with the long holiday weekend upon us!

Happy Motoring!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have now had the car for 3 days.

1. Thrilled that I had the guts to go with the manual transmission. It is great fun to drive.

2. Wife and I are actually jokingly fighting about who gets to drive it.

3. Have gone to Radio Shack and bought a male/male audio cord to hook up a sony portable MP3 player to the radio. Also Spent another $20 buying an power converter for the MP3 player so that it can be plugged into the cigaratte lighter. Holy smokes, the stereo in this car rocks. (EX model) That is the only indication I can see of Honda's intent for this car to be marketed to youngsters. Old farts do not require such a fabulous sound system.

New accessory needed. I have wires everywhere. I have the MP3 player wire plugged into the Aux jack. Have a splitter conected to the cigarette lighter splitting the power into two outlets. Then I have the MP3 player plugged in as well as my cell phone. Need to do something about that.

I am currently leasing two Ford expeditions that come due on Aug. 27. The element was intended to replace one of them. I was planning to get myself an accord or camry to replace the other one. I love driving the Element. Plus, the ability to plug the MP3 player into the massive sound system really sets the element apart from the camry and accord. (I may be 45, but I ROCK!!!!!!)

Regards,

Doug Fejer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts