Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Hidden Hitch class 3 receiver today and the wiring harness for the lights. It took about 15 minutes to install the hitch. There are 4 washers that are suppose to fit between the plate on the receiver and the frame that looked like they might be hard to keep in place while trying to put the thing together, so I remembered I got some super glue gell at the dollar store the other day and I put a few drops of that on the washers and stuck them to the frame and they stayed in place until I got the receiver in place over them. I also had to trim the bumper skirt a little.

The wiring was two parts. A module that plugs in under the dash in an existing connector and the pigtail that plugs into a wiring connector in the spare tire area. I didn't want the wire run out the tailgate like the instructions showed, so I cut a little slit in the rubber plug where the wires go from the body to the tailgate and run them through that and out under the E. I had to cut the plug off the pigtail and solder the wires back together to do that though.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Good job! I had U-Haul do my Class III and 7-prong. 90 minutes later and several $100s it was done. Now I would like a Tranny Cooler, Brake Controller and wiring to recharge my rv battery, and I'm afraid it's going to cost a freakin fortune. (Plus I don't think anybody knows what they're doing, really.)

I found tutorials on this forum (or was it Fiberglass RV???), tried to talk my husband into doing it ourselves---no go. ARGGGGG!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was thinking about that option with running it out the back. For now I think I'm going to keep it out of the elements ;-) and stash it in the tire well. I had an LED strip on the back of my F150 that ran along with the brake lights and plugged into the harness. It fits under the tailgate. I'd like to do that with my E. You trimmed the bumper? Is that on the LX that you need to trim? I have an EX and it cleared my bumper. Nice work! You saved some CA$H dude!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts