Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a pamphlet in the mail today from the Superior Court of the state of California for the County of Los Angeles for a hearing between an Eric and Jessica Budgin against Honda Corp. just for a cracked windshield while you were still under the manufacturer's warranty while having an 05 or 06 Element that you could get benefits from a class action settlement? (Sorry for the run on sentence) I thought this was very strange and I'm wondering if anyone else received this pamphlet also?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Another way for the lawyers to get money and no one else to get but a few pennys. I haven't got one yet if they are including the 03s.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Received three of them yesterday- we had 2-2005's and now own a 2006.

You can only opt-into the "class" if you owned your E while under the original bumper to bumper warranty AND had your windshield crack/break for no obvious reason or minor impact.

Major waste of postage- as all three we own/owned had over 40K miles on when purchased ans still had/have their original windshields.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I haven't seen any thing, mine was replaced last week.and the new one has gouges in it ,so they got another coming. I think honda should replace the car with a new one the same color & model.:razz:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I received it yesterday as well for my '05.

Looking it over, it only applies if you replaced the windshield in the original 3-year warranty period, and did not meet a list of excluded parties.

I think...

Anyway, still on the original windshield @ over 100k miles and living on a dirt road - just lucky, I guess.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I got one too for my '05 which I haven't had since '07.

It's a shame Honda never corrected this problem when they found out about it years ago.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still on my original windshield as well and my warrenty expired a while ago so this doesn't really apply to me I guess, I'm glad it's nothing important which the state of CA made it out to be :roll:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Add me to the list of receivers, and windshield replacements and owner of 06.

"Class Action is for Current and Former Owners of 2005 and 2006 Honda Element whose windshield cracked while your Element was covered by the Standard MFG Warranty."

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well said Ramblerdan8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts