·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was next to the wife's truck! :shock:

·
Registered
329 Posts
I guess you proved that the RT4wd only works when the engine is on.
:-D

·
Registered
351 Posts
Leave those E's alone for a minute and they'll roam on ya! At least you've got him trained to not leave the driveway....is that one of those electronic fence gadgets???:grin:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That is freaky deaky, that just reminded me of the time I had to pull my camaro out of the garage in winter and I was able to leave it it gear and it sat in place spinning on the ice with no gas, I even got out to take a video of it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Had that happen to me once. Pulled in the drive, set the parking brake and got out of the car. Closed the door and the car started to slide. Unfortunately, it didn't stop at the end of our drive. It continued across the street and took out the neighbors mail box.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Try to act surprised when your neighbor shows up at your front door with a cardboard box full of your E's illegitimate progeny.:lol:

·
Registered
510 Posts
amazing. :grin:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
It looks like the E left claw marks down the driveway as it slid back. Poor little guy was probably scared it would get hit by a snow plow if it slid any more.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I am guessing the E brake was not on and one of the front wheels broke loose causing the car to slip down the driveway. I have also seen cars slip even with the brake on too. Got to love the glare ice.:grin:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wow, the power of water... When it freezes, it expands. It looks like when you parked the E, the driveway was already wet, so when it froze, it literally lifted the tires across the contact points and caused traction/contact to break. Or, if it rained, it got in between the tires and concrete (as concrete is not as smooth as glass or metal), and then the contact break happened as it froze.

Ice in the polar regions shift aircraft and buildings for miles from their original GPS coordinates over the years, so what you saw was a very small example of it.

You might have to install anchor points countersunk into the driveway so that you can attach your chain/strap to your front end before you hole up for the night.

Do I smell lawsuits against developers?

Stephanie

·
Registered
2 Posts
LUCKY Id say..

I had my car slide just like this into my wife's Honda Odyssey and insurance would not pay for either. Both were damaged. "Cant sue yourself" was all my agent would say...

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I had my car slide just like this into my wife's Honda Odyssey and insurance would not pay for either. Both were damaged. "Cant sue yourself" was all my agent would say...
But you can sue them as that is under your comp insurance if you have that. Studded snow tires work great also.:grin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts