Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked my Department of Licensing and someone already has "ELEMENT" as a vanity plate. You (the global you) should check and get it ASAP, because as you know, there's only one per state.

I thought it would be kinda funny to try and get "HINE-E" - bet they won't allow it.

Reply to this thread and post your vanity plate - let's see what the creative minds of us "E-lians" can come up with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
:D Just took "Honda H2" as our plate in CA! Off topic but was lucky enough to find an auto broker in San Francisco who could locate a Shoreline Mist EX AWD under sticker and under two week wait. Dealers in the Bay Area are generally asking $1,500 - $2,000 over sticker if you can even find one. Only have seen a couple on the street so far. Any other Honda H2 owners out there in the SF Bay Area?... we need to organize a caravan road trip to Yosemite or something - that would definitely be a head-turning sight!

·
Registered
204 Posts
SF Honda H2-

I'm in for a run to Yosemite or Big Sur or Wine Country, or just about anywhere E-Rally...

I got mine without the markup using the AAA discount. I talked to some other dealers who wouldn't honor the AAA deal (which is their right) and others who wouldn't budge from a $2k markup, so I feel fairly fortunate.

Mine arrived at the dealer yesterday and I pick it up this afternoon or tomorrow morning! woo-hoo!

-jdef in the east bay

·
Registered
493 Posts
I am 60 miles east of Los Angeles. I am about an hour and 1/4 from the beach, an hour from the desert, and at the bottom of the mountains where I can be in the snow (if I was crazy) within 45 minutes! What a kick in the head!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Oh yeah, and I also forgot to add that my personalized plate is my ham callsign.....KF6PHV (P)ersonal (H)onda (V)ehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As I posted some time back, my vanity license plate in Ohio is Thorium. I did research on Th, that's why! :D Are there any other chemists like me who have named their Element? Will there be a periodic table of Elements?! :idea:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Well, my personal plate is all the more mundane. I choose "KJC ONE". I couldn't get "KJC" so it's a second best.

And yes, "KJC" are my real initials, there's no hidden meaning. :D

Iskie

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well, I don't have the car yet, but I'm thinking about vanity plates. I've never had vanity plates in my life- that says something about how excited I am about my SOP!
I've got several possibilities, and welcome opinions! Virginia has a nice plate design available with autumn leaves around the edges, lots of orange to match my SOP!
1) I thought of "SOP E" first, but decided everyone would read it as soapy, so I tossed that one.
2) Next, "SOP LMNT" I've actually got that one reserved, but I decided it was maybe too obscure. Only other E owners will know what it means...which isn't all bad, is it?
3) "RNG LMNT" is another possibility. After all, SOP = orange, and RNG is the closest I could come to orange.
4) Finally, since ELEMENT is already taken in VA, I could go with something like"LEMENT" or "L-MENT". "LMNTAL" Is also still available.
Decisions, decisions.... Anyone else have any ideas for a SOP EX that's going to live in the Virginia mountains?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have one of the first SOP EX's in my area. Many people remark on their thoughts of what they like. The room inside and so on.
Inevitabley they mention it's Boxy appearance, hence BOX-E-1 :roll:
Oh, of course the E is for Element!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Oh, I like that one! The shape is why I decided on SOP. If I'm going to drive a box, it may as well be a bright box. Hmmmm .... "LMNT BOX" ? "ORNGE BX" ?

·
Registered
195 Posts

These plates are carried over from my last car, so they aren't Element-specific. Previous vanity plates I've had are 'SAB ROX' (S.A.B. was my former band) and 'AON 3' (after The Art of Noise, my favorite musical group.. the 3 was just the lowest digit available).

Brainstorm ideas for other Element vanity plates... 'MY LMNT', 'URJELUS', 'ORANGEE', and 'WUDYRMX'

Drew

·
Registered
90 Posts
I currently have PAWZUP since I have my dogs with me, but I think I might get FUR FLYN or GOT PAWZ - don't know yet

·
Registered
461 Posts
I like FUR FLYN ...and GOT PAWZ, too. Have you reserved them? If you're in Virginia also, you can reserve for 90 days on the DMV website. It's funny- they won't let you reserve 2 in a row, but if you wait till the next day, you can reserve another one. I keep changing my mind. Right now, I'm leaning toward ORNGE BX, though ORANGE-E is good too...

Oh, well, it's keeping me busy as I wait for my E. It's due to be made this week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I vote for Orange E :)

I liked the PAWZUP, also! For anyone whom has dogs that help drive that is a good one.... We have two Yorkie's and they love to keep the pawzup....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Spouse and I just picked up our Element last night. We've had a number of custom plates on various vehicles, and they all seem to define a period in our lives.
Our first was on our minivan for transporting four kids. It was "GOBYBY" (go bye bye). Next was "BYEKIDS" on our "fun car" a two-seater Honda del Sol. Currently I have "HAMR2NS" (hammer tunes) on my Subaru - I play the Hammered Dulcimer.
We've tossed around a ton of ideas for the Element. It's been more fun than any other vehicle we've had. When we went into the dealer last night, there was a Porche Boxter on the sales floor. The kids decided "MYBOXTR" would be a hoot. This is a discussion to be continued.....other ideas?

·
Registered
461 Posts
What color, Ninja? If it's black, you could do BLACKBOX.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts