Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is this Grade Logic COntrol? What does it DO? and Is it good to have? and What other vehicles have this feature?

Thanks....

· Registered
493 Posts
Whoops, did not get it all in....hang on, here goes. Grade Logic is better than most trannys as grade logic has a memory and when you set your cruise control to a certain speed it maintains it until you start up a grade. Logic kicks in about 5 miles below the set speed and downshifts your tranny to the next lower gear to get you back up to the set cruise speed and keeps it there until you go level again. Regular trannys do not do that with cruise control. When you start up a grade on cruise you keep losing it.

Grade Logic is KEWL!

Ger

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the great info..... Now I know what it means after three days of waiting.... It was worth the wait thought thanks again...

· Registered
2,337 Posts
I don't the the grade logic control has anything to do with the cruise control... my 91 accord can downshift and get back up to speed if it's going up hills on cruise control...

i think grade logic control has something to do with the way the computer controls your rpms going up and down hills to be more efficient... helping to rduce "gear hunting"

· Registered
176 Posts
that must be what i noticed on my last road trip-- i really was impressed with how the e handled cruise control on hilly terrain. my 95 chevy lumina would have been in passing gear half the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.