Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a note of introduction to say I'm no Generation Y target market.

Rather I'm a husband and grandfather who's always enjoyed cars and I've owned a wide variety from Mercedes to Miatas from Jeeps to Suburbans. At the moment I own two Jeep Wranglers, a 2002 and a 1988 which is kept at the lake home, and a 2002 Dodge Ram pickup. But the more I looked at the Element the more I liked what I saw. Somewhere between a Land Rover, a Hummer and a Mercedes Gwagen... http://www.4wdonline.com/Mercedes/Gwagen.html

So Sunday night I stopped and roamed a Honda dealer's lot (I've never owned a Honda, actually) and what I saw motivated me to be on their doorstep when they opened for business at 9:00 AM Monday morning. By 10:00 I had driven both a 4wd EX and a 2wd EX and by 11:00 the deal was finalized and I drove my new Galapogos Green 2wd EX 5-spd home in time for lunch at noon.

What an amazing little vehicle! Two of my 50-something friends were both impressed and both guessed $10,000 high on the price as well! :D

And both of my 20-something kids and their husbands went nuts over it and each is now thinking about buying one of their own.

All this to say... I'm delighted with my little mini-hummer (I already ordered a pair of H2.5 stickers for the black glass) and I'm busily reading the message boards to get up to speed.

Steve

·
Registered
160 Posts
Steve, congrats on your new E! You'll love it. We have gotten two new cars in the past year or so other than our E--a '01 BMW 530i and a '02 VW GTI. My father wasn't really interested enough in either of those cars to even want to take them for a spin around the block. And he is truly a "car" man. The one who passed on the disease of car fever to me! But, when we showed up in the E he was eagerly awaiting to take her for a spin! :p

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Steve-

Congrats on your new bouncing baby E!!!!

Welcome to the club, and feel free to ask us anything!

I am a 20something, but my 57 year old mom went ga-ga for the E! She thinks it is so adorable!

Also, when you get a chance show us some pics of your new baby E!!!

Happy Motoring!

·
Registered
493 Posts
STEVE........Hi and welcome to the club. I also am about the same age as you (more or less) as I am over the "double nickle" age, and my E has helped me get thru my second childhood, and has become my "male menopause toy" If you check the image gallery under "GerBrassfield's pics....flames, spotlight and more", you'll see why.

Shaka (that is a greeting or a closing, whichever you prefer)

Ger

·
Registered
18 Posts
congrats, steve. my E was my 50th birthday present to myself, and i can without hesitation, that it's the best vehicle i've ever owned. bet you'll think so, too!

enjoy!!

ron in st paul

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far, so good. I'm enjoying this vehicle immensely and I appreciate the warm welcome to such a fine group of like-minded ElementEnthusiasts.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts