Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my sensor P0325 has been on solid for around 5 months. My mechanic buddy stated he'd fix it without the hassle of air intake, TB, exhaust mani removal. He said he had this issue with an older Toyota he owned (hard to get to sensor). What he did instead was unplug the old sensor and leave it in place. He relocated the new sensor to an unused bracket location in the engine bay, he drilled and tapped the new sensor and connected it to the same plug up the bad one was connected. My mechanic said it registered good and actually still performed its job as an knock sensor. Will provide pics when job is complete.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am curious- does the sensor still fail to work, if you run a tank of premium fuel? However, I assume the mechanic determined it faults out even when you aren't driving it..
An older engine can develop carbon in the combustion chamber- carbon takes up space, which raises the compression ratio. One system was developed with sequentially sprays 3 different solvents into the intake that do burn out the carbon. Gasoline Direct injection , GDI, engines will be needing decarbonization every few years or so- these engines cost us money, but make the dealers money with decarbon services!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I'm calling BS. The sensor and it's sensitivity is mapped out in the ECM. Moving it new a new location will change all of that. Two things can happen, timing will be retarded along with less power, or timing will not be retarded and the results could be burned pistons, blown head gasket.

·
Registered
194 Posts
So instead of knock sensor, in the block, you have a knock sensor in a ...bracket?
Road noise retards spark, instead of preignition now?
This thread title is misleading. And your 'buddy?', makes me appreciate the idiots i call friends.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts