Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
About four years ago I started searching for a Honda Element on the auto trading sites and have purchased two since then. I continue to browse the sites to keep track of the Elements value. Seen this EX 07 AWD on Cars.com and from a distance think it is a really good deal.
Only 11,000mi and asking 14,000$

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/700439585/overview/
That was the one in New Hampshire right? It was gone the moment it was advertised.

·
Registered
51 Posts
when shopping for mine I passed on a very low mileage 05 in my price range because it was rough. interior was trashed, small dents all over and really bad seats. But the mileage was great. I kinda think I should have went for it. I keep looking for a red awd auto.

·
Registered
332 Posts
No way Okie, you made the right decision. Its clear that owner did not care for his E. Since Hondas hold their value so well, I am ok buying a used Honda with higher miles if it has been well taken care of. I admit I do dream another Element purchase also, wouldn't mind an 07, or 08 EX with a manual trans.

·
Registered
56 Posts
when shopping for mine I passed on a very low mileage 05 in my price range because it was rough. interior was trashed, small dents all over and really bad seats. But the mileage was great. I kinda think I should have went for it. I keep looking for a red awd auto.

How much was it?

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just bought a red AWD '06 EX-P, and I thought the 152,000 miles on it were pretty low.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This 2011 EX AWD with 25,800mi selling for $11,900 must be to good to be true. Without a carfax and only one picture it is hard to verify. However it's parked in a garage and apears to have the stock Goodyear Wranglers still on. If I where in the market I would be calling this seller to find out what was wrong with it.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/703809080/overview/

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Guys, please remember that father time takes a toll too. Seals and gaskets dry out and leak. Plastic and rubber components (door handles to serpentine belts to tires, weatherstripping, etc) dry rot and decompose. Sediment settles and condensation collects in the fluids. Electrical components can corrode depending on the environment. The foam in the seats starts to break down over time. Ultra low mileage isn't everything.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts