Honda Element Owners Club banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
682 Posts
2004 EX 5 Speed Manual 4WD Black 91K Miles $5400 St. Pete FL Area.

OK all you Element fans wanting 5 Speed Manuals & 4WD. This one looks like a really good deal! : - )

·
Registered
682 Posts
I wouldn't mind owning this one myself! Love that Kiwi Green!

·
Registered
682 Posts
This one looks like it's pretty good bang for the buck! Manual Trans too!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Here's what looks like a good deal on a manual trans SC!

·
Registered
98 Posts
This one is in Jacksonville. Not entirely sure this is a good price, but this appears to be an all Florida car with a pretty good carfax. Service history not as good but engine bay looks above average.

this looks like a good middle aged E.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Ooh Yeah! If I didn't already own an Element, I would be all over this one! Love that Kiwi Green! 2006 EX 2WD Auto with 124K Miles. $4100 OBO.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The cracked seat and armrest turn me off. Probably a shorter and heavier than average person drove it and more city miles, too. . The EX, being AWD sits up taller than the LX = more prone for the driver dragging his a** across the seat when they get in. I passed up every Element that had cracked upholstery last year when I was looking-

·
Registered
682 Posts
The cracked seat and armrest turn me off. Probably a shorter and heavier than average person drove it and more city miles, too. . The EX, being AWD sits up taller than the LX = more prone for the driver dragging his a** across the seat when they get in. I passed up every Element that had cracked upholstery last year when I was looking-
That cracked upholstery on the driver's seat is quite common on an Element. On my search (over about a year and 3 months) it was quite rare to find one without it!

Speaking of a**, I need to get off mine and get my driver's seat fixed! It has both the cracked vinyl, and rocking problem!

·
Registered
98 Posts
That cracked upholstery on the driver's seat is quite common on an Element. On my search (over about a year and 3 months) it was quite rare to find one without it!

Speaking of a**, I need to get off mine and get my driver's seat fixed! It has both the cracked vinyl, and rocking problem!
Agree. Even my current one which had been garaged for 15 years with only 38,000 miles when I bought it had a small crack in the bolster. The crack is more the result of the degrading of the material due mostly to time. My previous E (also 2005) had 125,000 miles but only a small 1/4” cut in it despite much more use so that one held up well.
The dealer where I bought my current E replaced only the section of the bolster with the crack with nice higher-wearing leatherette piece which matches almost perfectly but is more rugged.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was doing my car search backwards!- Go try and find a good drivers seat at a junkyard (getting harder to do by the year) , then go looking for a nice Element that will match the seat you bought, to swap out with the cracked one.- haha

It's all Honda's fault- the supplier who made the seats sourced the materials to Honda's specifications- Honda passed on the better quality swatches the manufacturer showed them and went with the cheaper seat materials. Hey it's good enough for the Japanese!

Ever wonder why so many low mileage engines and transmissions come from Japan?
From Bloomberg:
June 14, 1998, 11:00 PM EST
It is a little-known fact that Japan's car market is propped up by the government's strict inspection policy ("Japan's carmakers: Time to partner or perish," Asian Business, May 25). Three years after purchase, every new car has to go through an expensive inspection process, and once every two years after that. Furthermore, vehicles older than 10 years have to pass the inspection every year. As a result, most car owners in Japan write off their cars after 10 years and buy new ones. Hundreds of thousands of perfectly fine automobiles are demolished every year. This practice has been used to boost car sales in Japan and give carmakers advantages to compete in the international market.
Koshiro Yamaoka

·
Registered
682 Posts
Here's a nice looking '07 SC Auto in Root Beer Metallic; 140K miles, $6495 in Orlando:

81 - 93 of 93 Posts