Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought my 2005 Element at the beginning of February and I'm still enjoying the honeymoon.
I had never considered buying an Element. I was in a hurry to replace my trusty '91 Toyota Camry--which finally gave up the ghost at 220K miles--and I saw the Element at Carmax, and it was love at first test-drive. I drove it to my mechanic and he said it was in great shape, so I took it back to the dealer and bought it that day.

(My wife and I also considered a CR-V, but not for long. When the salesman brought it up for us to test-drive, my wife said, "boooring." That pretty much sums it up for me, too. It's a good car, though.)

My Element is orange, and it's got about 55K on it. I hope to get another 100K out of it if I'm careful. I will spend some time here at the EOC forums looking for various info I need, but I have a couple of issues that I can post here if anyone cares to reply.

1. My son and I plan to take the car camping across the US this summer; from Indiana to Colorado. We plan to drive up Pike's Peak. If anyone has any camping or mountain-climbing tips or stories, I'd love to hear them. (I noticed there's a whole forum for that stuff on this site. I'll check it out.)

2. I haven't cleaned my interior yet. It looks like the rubber mats will come out fairly easily. I figured I'd just take them out and clean the winter mud off with some dish soap and a brush. If this is a horrible mistake, please let me know.

I'm glad I found this site. Looks like fun.

Paul

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Hey Paul!
I'm glad you decided on the fasttest, sexiest, best gas mileage color E out there!:)
I have some bad news though.....
The honeymoon stage lasts a loooooong time!
Your E is gonna last well over 155,000 miles!
Your son may want one after your trip
This forum is BORING! Just check out my post count, I'm hardly ever here;-)
Your going to have to post a picture of that sexy beast. Then post a whole bunch more of your camping trip!8)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Welcome Paul !

Nice choice! What part of Indiana are you from. I'll be there in a couple of weeks for the race. We usually have a Mini meet at the Broad Ripple Brew pub. Patty and I have been going there every year since it opened. Good Home brew! We love the Red Bird ale he makes.

Photo of the wife at Indy last year.

IMG_2300.jpg

If you can make it it would be nice to meet you.

Dom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Paul !

Nice choice! What part of Indiana are you from. I'll be there in a couple of weeks for the race. We usually have a Mini meet at the Broad Ripple Brew pub. Patty and I have been going there every year since it opened. Good Home brew! We love the Red Bird ale he makes.
...If you can make it it would be nice to meet you.

Dom
Thanks, Dom. There is a hiking and biking trail that goes right past the Brew Pub. It's called the Monon Trail. If you take that trail north from the Pub about six miles, you'll be right in my neighborhood. My wife and I like to hike down there on a Sunday and work up a good appetite, then we eat some Scotch Eggs and a Beer-Cheese Crock. Then we burn it all off hiking home. It's a great way to spend a day.

Thanks for the invite. I'll check out my schedule and see what I'm doing on race day weekend.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention:
Thanks, Jojo for the warm welcome. I looked at your post count and you're truly a Noble Gas.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I forgot to mention:
Thanks, Jojo for the warm welcome. I looked at your post count and you're truly a Noble Gas.
OH NO!!! :shock:

Jojo got a compliment...!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...!!!

LBD

J/K!!! I heart you Jojo...!!!

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Thanks, Dom. There is a hiking and biking trail that goes right past the Brew Pub. It's called the Monon Trail. If you take that trail north from the Pub about six miles, you'll be right in my neighborhood. My wife and I like to hike down there on a Sunday and work up a good appetite, then we eat some Scotch Eggs and a Beer-Cheese Crock. Then we burn it all off hiking home. It's a great way to spend a day.

Thanks for the invite. I'll check out my schedule and see what I'm doing on race day weekend.

We have walked past your house then. We have used the Monon trail several times. Keep your eyes open for the date thread. I will post when I find out If the other people can make it. If not it will be just Indy-E and me and the wife.

Love the Scotch eggs !

Oh Silvester ( Snuffleupagus ) is thinking of joining us this year !

Dom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts