Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,738 Posts
Welcome to the EOC Artie3805! :)

Looks like a very nice find!

I think most of us here would agree with you 100%. Once you get an Element, you're hooked! :)

Are you in Florida? (Looks like Florida in the picture.)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congratulations! Great choices!
I also started out with a 2003 AWD Element when they first came out.
After 13 years I sold it planning to get a new car, but after looking, I decided I would prefer another, but newer, Element, so I bought a 2011 EX AWD.:)
Most people just don't comprehend how the Element is a nearly perfect car.for so many purposes😀
I just worry how hard it will be to still find a low mileage Element someday when I eventually wear out my 2011.😂
I wish Honda designed a new Element and let the owners club make suggestions in its design.

·
Premium Member
2004 Element EX-S AWD 6MT = “Zippy”
467 Posts
It does seem that EOC "owner again" or "Elemental Gravity?" is a somewhat common topic... (I just came up with Elemental Gravity... I kinda like it!)
Folks coming back to buy another... (or rebuilding their first 🤷‍♂️)

Welcome to the EOC, and welcome back to an Element @Artie3805

Cheers!
Brad

Reactions: te1966

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Congratulations! Great choices!
I also started out with a 2003 AWD Element when they first came out.
After 13 years I sold it planning to get a new car, but after looking, I decided I would prefer another, but newer, Element, so I bought a 2011 EX AWD.:)
Most people just don't comprehend how the Element is a nearly perfect car.for so many purposes😀
I just worry how hard it will be to still find a low mileage Element someday when I eventually wear out my 2011.😂
I wish Honda designed a new Element and let the owners club make suggestions in its design.
I see in your signature you removed the hood and front door wind deflectors, was it because of wind noise of was it hurting the fuel economy?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought the car 4 years ago with these already on it and basically never liked the look of these on the car, so a few months ago I decided to remove them.
Indirectly, I noticed that the highway ride just seemed noticibly quieter than I ever remembered. (Could be my imagination, too) I figured removing these did help with noise.
I don't have a roof rack, but I have heard racks also contribute to noise.

By the way, when I pulled off the wind deflectors, the double stick tape seemed really impossible to remove from the car.
After looking at reviews, I bought the more expensive 3M wheel to remove the tape. Slow (low rpm) and steady to avoid burning the paint, but it worked well.
On one small spot, the double stick tape had turned rock hard. I did very slightly mar the paint getting that spot off. (Not enough that anyone else would notice.)

The wheel I used was the 3M Stripe Off Wheel Adhesive Remover Eraser Wheel Removes Decals, Stripes, Vinyl, Tapes and Graphics 4” diameter x 5/8” thick 3/8-16 threaded mandrel 07498 .
There are much cheaper wheels, but I watched a youtube comparison against 2 other wheels that convinced me the 3m wheel was worth the money. Highly recommend it.
I also needed the wheel to remove a bit of dried rubber pad stuck to the paint after removing the wind deflector.

No one buys an Element for fuel economy. I don't think anything could improve that. It is surprisingly heavy and couldn't be less aerodynamic. It ain't no Prius.
The windshield is much more vertical than most cars. Beside not aerodynamic, I think this make is easier for rocks to break it.
I've replaced 3 Element windshields over the past 18 years.
I've learned to wait until I get 2 chips before replacing it now.😂
I started feeling like it was bad luck to replace it after only one rock chip.

Despite some very minor issues, I love owning an Element. I've driven one since the first 2003 model came out. I'm on my second now (2011).
And now I feel I have a historic obligation to keep it on the road as long as possible.

·
Premium Member
2004 Element EX-S AWD 6MT = “Zippy”
467 Posts
3M Stripe Off Wheel Adhesive Remover Eraser Wheel
Great reference... thanks! I just bought that one for the rock hard sticky tape on my Excursion...
It hasn't even been delivered yet, so your timing is impeccable!

No one buys an Element for fuel economy.
I think this EVERY time someone mentions it! I'm glad I'm not alone in that... :LOL: (y)

Thanks for letting us get off topic @Artie3805 ... It's always nice to see folks returning to their favorites...

Brad

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Welcome! Were on our second E and when the motor failed (maintenance issue) we were faced with buying a new car or reviving our 240k mile element. We bought a new motor.
No regrets (what a band)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts