Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting to all members of the EOC. My name is Taylor and I work for Backcountry Edge, a supplier of Backpacking and Outdoor gear. I am a recent lurker and soon to be owner of the illustrious Honda Element (woot!)...... as soon as one of the local dealers can track down a EX 5MT AWD Kiwi. Plan B for color will be determined in approx 2 weeks when I have grown far too impatient to possibly wait any longer. Enough about that.

Backcountry Edge is a small family owner e-commerce company, based in Lancaster county Pennsylvania. Our Mantra is "Awesome Gear, Amazing Service!" and we go to great lengths to uphold that. I will take a moment to highlight a few things that set us apart from other gear retailers.

Fast Shipping : Any order received by 2pm EST ships that same day

Free Shipping : Any order over $50 ships to the lower 48 for free via standard ground service

Free Returns : Any order over $50 is packed with a free Fed Ex return label and backed by the 60 day "No Hassle" return policy.

No Hassle Return Policy: if within 60 days of purchase, any product you buy from Backcountry Edge fails to meet your expectations, or you are dissatisfied for any reason, you can return the product to us for a full refund or exchange, regardless of use.

Knowledgeable Customer Service : We go to great lengths to make sure that we know what we are selling ..... not simply reading back manufacturers descriptions. No question goes unanswered and we go the extra mile.

Last but not least...... EOC Members get a discount. We have instituted a 10% off Coupon for Element Owners Club, as an extension of our enthusiasm to be involved. Simply plug the coupon code ELEMENT into the first step of the checkout.

So in closing, hello to all and feel free to bring on the questions / comments / suggestions. If you are in the area and want to get together for a hike / ride (mtn bike) / or maybe some snowshoeing (if it ever snows again in PA!!!!!) hit me up.

Happy Trails,

Taylor

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the main thinking behind the kiwi is that it is going to look sweet with the company logos on it, if we choose to go that route. I love the SOP, and should the dealer not be able to deliver, it may be next on the list............. or maybe blue........ or black........ or silver...... not really a bad choice to be made. Hopefully it will end up dirty enough that you cant tell what color it is

·
Registered
478 Posts
Kiwi = Outdoors = Fun

another Kiwi! Whats the deal!:confused:
The Kiwi mafia is Sexy :-(
I represent that remark ;-)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Welcome Backcountry...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Howdy,
Better update your profile, your web address is missing a crucial letter:

Vanna, may I have a "C" please?:D
Thanks for the catch.

As far as shipping to Canada..... we have looked into it, but there are miles of red tape involved. The real disadvantage is that we do not have a physical business presence in Canada. There are of course other customs delays and a few other things that have discouraged us from pursing the Canada option...... mainly because we cannot provide the service that we would like to. It comes down to not doing something because there are issues that would compromise our standards. I am sure that we will revisit the issue yearly simply to see what our shippers have come up with for new solutions.

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,492 Posts
Hi and Welcome!! :p:p

But, VERY disappointed that you decided to DIS-clude two of the 50 United States in your shipping. We do NOT live in a place where UPS, FEDEX, or USPS does not ship ON A DAILY BASIS!! SINCERELY hope you will reconsider your decision...... :shock::shock::cry:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi and Welcome!! :p:p

But, VERY disappointed that you decided to DIS-clude two of the 50 United States in your shipping. We do NOT live in a place where UPS, FEDEX, or USPS does not ship ON A DAILY BASIS!! SINCERELY hope you will reconsider your decision...... :shock::shock::cry:

Shipping is available to Hawaii and Alaska, as well as APO addresses. Because of the extreme variances in shipping fees to Alaska and Hawaii, we cannot offer totally free shipping...... ever since the postal service jacked up their rate schedule. The last postal service increase, though only 2 cents on letters, was a very large percentage increase for packages over a specific size. What used to be a $10 shipping fee became nearly a $20 shipping fee...... or more depending on the size of the items. We are not looking to make any money on shipping, but we can only justify a certain level of loss.

I am sure that we could strike some sort of deal if you think that these practices are out of line. We have loyal customers in both Hawaii and Alaska who have found our service to meet their needs. Feel free to give me a call if you are ever in the market, and I will see what I can do.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Dang! I thought having an Element was a prerequisite. Ursa, Elementdude, even South Coast. You gonna have to get on the ball Backcounty Edge. Have some pics of YOUR Element with the tent hooked up on the tail gate so guys have better option over the Cabana.

Anyway, welcome to the EOC and we're serious about getting an Element man.

Peace!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dang! I thought having an Element was a prerequisite. Ursa, Elementdude, even South Coast. You gonna have to get on the ball Backcounty Edge. Have some pics of YOUR Element with the tent hooked up on the tail gate so guys have better option over the Cabana.

Anyway, welcome to the EOC and we're serious about getting an Element man.

Peace!
Oh.... there will be pics. Glorious pics!!

If my dealership does not come through with the Kiwi by Valentines day..... I am going to plan B. They have been "working on locating" a Kiwi for me since nearly pre-christmas. So I am less than 2 weeks away.... and already planning the pics.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Oh.... there will be pics. Glorious pics!!

If my dealership does not come through with the Kiwi by Valentines day..... I am going to plan B. They have been "working on locating" a Kiwi for me since nearly pre-christmas. So I am less than 2 weeks away.... and already planning the pics.
Kiwi....I like this guy.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Kiwi....I like this guy

Rocket Dog, have you ever considered that the Kiwi mafia has too much power. The local dealers have lots full of Atomic Blue E's, Galaxy Gray E's, NBP E's and Tangerine E's and yet you make these poor guys hold out for Kiwi. Ever notice that the Ridgeline does not come in anything close to Kiwi?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Welcome Taylor!!

I perused the site just a little bit so far but it looks like I'll probably be doing some serious ordering as soon as spring hits. Now that mod fever has subsided into mod winter blues I've got a couple extra bucks saved up and your site looks like just the place to get rid of them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome Taylor!!

I perused the site just a little bit so far but it looks like I'll probably be doing some serious ordering as soon as spring hits. Now that mod fever has subsided into mod winter blues I've got a couple extra bucks saved up and your site looks like just the place to get rid of them.
Lots of new stuff on the way! Of course that means that the shelves are getting kinda bare right now..... but many of the lines that we carry are being revamped and refreshed and the new product is arriving daily. We are going to be adding a few new brands as well and are working for integration on the page to allow high end packs to be ordered in their full "customized format", including pack torso size / hip belt size / shoulder straps. This is going to apply to packs by Gregory, Granite Gear, and the soon to arrive Osprey. I have been a big proponent of Osprey packs since my arrival with the company, but I guess the truth is that it did not really take allot more convincing. (I think that they had already committed to buy)

Lots of new dog stuff from Ruffwear too. Should be arriving in March. My pup is excited about that stuff. :rolleyes:

I really appreciate the feedback and thank you for your interest.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts