1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Element owners,

Please take a look at the following product:

http://www.hondas2000accessories.com/prod01.htm

I have this product for my S2000, and it is top notch! It's a year old and looks like the day I bought it.

If you would be willing to purchase this product at the price you see it offered for, please do two things:

#1 Email your interest to the company. Follow the links to "contact us" and click on an email link.

#2 Post your interest here (of course).

Note: I am not associated with Coastal Metals in any way... I just want them to make this product for our vehicle, since it needs it so badly!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Definitely interesting. Looks nice. Worth paying for something that looks good and is propery designed to fit.

Any chance they can ship it to Canada? I think there would be a few of us interested in it.

Just noticed there is a "Universal Grill Kit" as well which is much less expensive, but does require you to cut it to size your own vehicle.

Thanks.

Iskie

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The universal grill kit appears to be made of aluminum, probably so that it can be cut by everyday tools. The grill insert I received for the S2000 is stainless steel, and cut with a production process. The rugged polymer trim border is nicely trimmed and applied, too... I'm not sure I could do so well myself.

I don't know about shipping to Canada... ask in your email.

[quote:4acc26c57c="isketerol"]Definitely interesting. Looks nice. Worth paying for something that looks good and is propery designed to fit.

Any chance they can ship it to Canada? I think there would be a few of us interested in it.

Just noticed there is a "Universal Grill Kit" as well which is much less expensive, but does require you to cut it to size your own vehicle.

Thanks.

Iskie[/quote:4acc26c57c]

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
280 Posts
Looks great! If they're quick, it may be availble when I finally get my E. Price looks good if it's about the same as for the 350Z.

·
Registered
14 Posts
First I would like to thank Einstein for contacting me and encouraging others to contact us.

We will be manufacturing a Element Protection prototype by next week and hope for production very soon after that.

The grills will be made from stainless steel and will attach with brackets similar to those we make for the 350Z
http://www.350z-accessories.com

So there will be no cutting or drilling needed.

Also as far as a price range the Element Protection Grill will be around $70-$80 dollars shipped in the U.S, and we will ship internationaly.

At this time we will be setting up a website for the products and will keep you up to date on the progress.

Regards,
David McCune Jr.
Coastal Metals
http://www.hondas2000accessories.com

·
Registered
163 Posts
Will the grill just be for the lower area in front of the condenser or will there also be one to replace the upper area where the H is :?: I am going to replace the grill with the H and would like it to match the bottom.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks Einstein. Thanks axcilla!

Anxiously awaiting further updates. I really hope both a condensor grill *and* a replacement for the OEM grill are forthcoming.

·
Registered
14 Posts
[quote:8985ed8c0b="ExpressElement"]Will the grill just be for the lower area in front of the condenser or will there also be one to replace the upper area where the H is :?: I am going to replace the grill with the H and would like it to match the bottom.[/quote:8985ed8c0b]

Yes we will be offering a matching set. We will be working with a Element from a local dealership and will make grills for the top and bottom.

axcilla

·
Registered
352 Posts
Big kudos to einstein and axcilla, et al. Well done, gents.

·
Registered
14 Posts
THE ELEMENT OWNERS HAVE SPOKEN

The Element Portection Grill is now a top priority to manufacture. We have recieved many e-mails and messages for this product. We will be making this product available ASAP and will have pictures within the next week.

And once again I would like to thank the support of the Element Community for this opportunity.

We are currently working now with Einstein for measurements and some prototype products.

We will also be using a dealership model to test any ideas many of you may have for products.

As soon as pictures are available they will be posted.

Regards,
David McCune Jr.
Coastal Metals Auto Accessories
http://www.hondas2000accessories.com

·
Registered
204 Posts
This is very very good stuff.

This is a best use example of this thing called The Internet.

It's good to be us.

8)

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is so cool! I love to see a compnay that is willing to listen to what the people want & actually do something about it :)

Thanks to everyone involved in making this possible. It is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I am eagerly awaiting this product......

Btw, axcilla, if you need someone to volunteer and test out this product and give some reviews and views on it before it's commercially available, I'd happily take on this burden... :D

·
Registered
894 Posts
For any other Canucks reading this thread, I have been told that shipping to Canada is not an issue. I was told that they can offer to split the shipping costs to Canada which is a very kind offer.

Definitely on my list of things to strongly consider.

Iskie

·
Registered
14 Posts
[quote:f4e2c21a2a="isketerol"]For any other Canucks reading this thread, I have been told that shipping to Canada is not an issue. I was told that they can offer to split the shipping costs to Canada which is a very kind offer.

Definitely on my list of things to strongly consider.

Iskie[/quote:f4e2c21a2a]

Outside the continental U.S. we do split shipping charges under 5 pounds. some pictures tommorow of the gas line,and a possible protector, open for comments.

The grill on the ELEMENT is a little weaker (structurally) than we first imagined. This is a product we are ready to show you prototypes of, however want to get the product right the First time.

The grill is needed however after crawling under an ELEMENT to see the probelems with the fuel line, (almost no protection) these are the important matters at hand.

As the ELEMENT owners have spoken we are trying to produce products correct the first time, so no changes are needed.

Regards,
David McCune Jr.
[email protected]
Coastal Metals Auto Accessories

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We're going to need protection for the windshield, too! :eek:

Are you coming up with a full-frontal kit? :lol:

But seriously, thanks for taking your time to get these products right. 8)

I went on the S2000 OBX drive this weekend, and more people had your grill inserts than didn't. I seen one person tried to make their own knock-off, you could really tell it was amateur work and materials (jeez, I hope he/she doesn't read this!)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts