Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I think grille guards are nice looking for sure. I had gone through 4 of them on my Isuzu Trooper. ( I kept having to take most of them back because all of the paint kept flaking off and rusting like hell.) It was under warranty after all. Finally got one that I never had any problems with in that area. HOWEVER, they are heavy ( most of them. ) Also requires someone who knows what they are doing when they put them on. ( I have had a few disasters there ).
They DO make your vehicle ride a little different because of their weight. I noticed a difference in handling for sure. It wasn't terrible but it was there and I had to live with it or get rid of the brush guard. Mine was put on correctly and very well by a qualified mechanic. The truck had a bit of a "shimmy" in the front end at high speeds. The Element isn't a powerful little truck/car so I would hope if one were manufactured that it would not be too heavy and ruin the performance of the vehicle.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
I think they make it look too big and bulky.
Personal opinion*
Wowee! You replied to a thread posted 12 years ago... but the subject is still current. I don't care for them either, mainly because sticking a heavy reinforcement on front of an Element is like trying to armor a marshmallow - it's mainly there for looks - and some owners like to pretend.

On the other hand, they actually CAN protect an Element during the only type of off-roading it's designed for - namely, the great yellow striped savannas of the Wally World parking lots. In the Spring, powerful winds blow across the land and large herds of migratory shopping carts can leap out in front of you unexpectedly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
One benefit of a grill guard would be the added the ability to mount extra lights on them. I thought about it but never pulled the trigger on one. Everyone is correct though..... The Element is not an off-road vehicle. It can be an off-pavent vehicle from time-to-time.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wowee! You replied to a thread posted 12 years ago... but the subject is still current. I don't care for them either, mainly because sticking a heavy reinforcement on front of an Element is like trying to armor a marshmallow - it's mainly there for looks - and some owners like to pretend.

On the other hand, they actually CAN protect an Element during the only type of off-roading it's designed for - namely, the great yellow striped savannas of the Wally World parking lots. In the Spring, powerful winds blow across the land and large herds of migratory shopping carts can leap out in front of you unexpectedly.
Ha ha ha ha... I'm thinking that same thing on everything I'm posting. I just bought an Element (hasn't even been delivered yet) and I was looking up stuff to have fund with it, came across this site and almost all the posts are 5-10+ years old : ( Surprised you actually read it.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
To make subscription automatic and with notifications go to

User CP>Edit Options>Messaging & Notifications>Default Subscription Mode.

New to this forum stuff huh?

·
Registered
44 Posts
To make subscription automatic and with notifications go to

User CP>Edit Options>Messaging & Notifications>Default Subscription Mode.

New to this forum stuff huh?
Ha ha ha no I'm not, actually a web designer who is a part of 15+ forums, this one just happens to be using a mega old school type it seems, which is understandable.

Thanks for the tip, I turned on to get emails on all, lets see if it works.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just ordered my aries guard today. Figured I'd add some relevance back to the thread. Will post pics even though I'm sure everyone knows what they look like

·
Registered
145 Posts
Got it on but I didn't end up using all the hardware so that's got me a little worried. It's on pretty good though some maybe I'm OK. Anyone with experience with the aries guard care to give me some help? Pm me please.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Picked up some push bars off an old crown vic . . . gonna try to attach those similar to how brokkoli attached his light bar. Should hold a few lights without too much trouble, and weigh a little less. Trying to attach to the metal cross "bumper" but imagine it would still be a net negative on protecting the box if I ever rear end someone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Revive this again.
I'm buying one, just got the back light guards.
It's just for looks, but I do take it off-road.
GA country boy
Guess I'm going with the aries model

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.