Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just started happening to me today. it's a horribly grinding type of noise. it sounds a lot like the speed-bump/highway-shoulder buffers if anyone knows what I mean.

It happens only when the air/a-c is on, and I have noticed that it happens more when the setting is on the vents and not direct to the face.

Please help, i don't know what it could be. I also noticed that since this noise started, my ac doesn't blow cold air anymore.....

Help!?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: Called the service center, they said it could be the fan motor under the dashboard. I will have it taken in next week for repair under my extended GE Auto Warranty (3 Star Plus). Let's hope whatever it is, it's covered.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: To my surprise:

The service adviser at the dealership said that the damage appears to have been caused by a road obtrusion or pot-hole. The undercarriage is damaged, including the crossmember, bottom of radiator support, etc, which in turn crushed/damaged the ac compressor and a few other things under the car.

The car is going to require extensive body and mechanical repairs (looking at at least $3,000 in damage). I have Geico helping me out on this one, but I still have to bite the bullet with my $1,000 deductible.

And on top of that, I'm filing a police report for property damage on a really nasty road which I've determined to be the cause of this. So once I have that report, I can give that info to Geico and they can go after the city.

I can't emphasize enough how much I hate New York roads....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: total cost to repair is about $1700, and will take 4 days, but neither geico nor my warranty company is covering it, so for now, the car is going to have to wait till I have more money for the repairs.

side note: need to start saving money on the side for "rainy" days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts