Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 06 EX AWD started making a low vibrating/grinding noise a few months ago. I'm at 40K, and the original tires were fading, so I got new tires hoping that the noise was due to the crappy goodyears. No luck. same thing with new Kumhos.

the sound didnt exist prior to summer.

Any ideas? Checked power steering fluid...full. No other mechanical issues.

My brain tells me that it could be wheel bearings, but I dont work on cars so I really dont know if that's possible. I did have an accident a year or so ago, but my alignment is perfect according to the tire place.

anyone else?

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Do a search on this site to find lots of info.
Yup. Funny, this thread doesn't come up when you search for grinding vibration turns ?!:confused:

But it does bring up other threads w/ the same problem with the same solution:

change rear differential fluid and the noise/problem will likely go away. This is assuming you have an AWD Element. We can't tell (or help you more) because your profile is blank, empty, and otherwise not filled out. :(

Good luck.

Will

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for everyone's responses. I knew I'd get the answer here. Just didn't know to search for "differential". I hadn't ruled out power steering or wheel bearings. many thanks folks

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
... Just didn't know to search for "differential".
Thats ok....I didn't realize it didn't come up in a "normal" search w/o using words like differential. Some keywords have been added to help the next searchers find it.

Good luck, let us know if/when it cures the problem. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts